Thread: "Hands in the air! This is a thread hijacking!"

Patroller
    The 2000 Presidential Election in Florida...thinking the country was going to be okay, just to have my heart ripped from my chest and the election awarded to our current bumbling fool of a president.
    Vote Pawflash in 2036!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pawflash
    The 2000 Presidential Election in Florida...thinking the country was going to be okay, just to have my heart ripped from my chest and the election awarded to our current bumbling fool of a president.
    You just opened a can of worms you didn't want to open. Are you suggesting the following:

A) You would've felt safer and more comfortable with Al Gore, inventor of the internet, as president during 9/11?

B) You'd be much happier right now with Cheney as president, God forbid something happens to Bush?

And a few more questions.

1) Did you vote for Obama? If yes, why? (If you were in-eligible to vote, pretend you weren't)

2) Do you think Hillary even stands a chance in 2008?

3) Please define "bumbling fool".

4) Why do you think John Kerry would be a better president than W?

5) You thought the country was "okay" during the Clinton years, and would have been continued to be "okay" provided Gore was president?
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTBT
    You just opened a can of worms you didn't want to open.
    Right back atcha.
    A) You would've felt safer and more comfortable with Al Gore, inventor of the internet, as president during 9/11?
    You think any President could've prevented 9/11? The whole issue with that tragedy was how Bush bungled the post-9/11 world. Instead of rallying the world around us as sympathetic allies, Bush alienated them and decided to go the course alone.
    Sorry, how is that relevant?
    "One of the most meaningful things that's happened to me since I've been the governor-the president-governor-president. Oops. Ex-governor. I went to Bethesda Naval Hospital to give a fellow a Purple Heart, and at the same moment I watched him-get a Purple Heart for action in Iraq-and at that same-right after I gave him the Purple Heart, he was sworn in as a citizen of the United States-a Mexican citizen, now a United States citizen."
    -President George W. Bush
    Washington, D.C.; January 9, 2004
    Because although no one can claim to know what Kerry would have done, he sure wouldn't have alienated our foreign allies, lied to the nation and charged into Iraq, neglected the Kyoto treaty, bungled the preparation for and aftermath of Katrina and countless other transgressions.
    5) You thought the country was "okay" during the Clinton years,
    Official Whitehouse Clinton biography:
    "During the administration of William Jefferson Clinton, the U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history. He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare rolls. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus. As part of a plan to celebrate the millennium in 2000, Clinton called for a great national initiative to end racial discrimination.
    After the failure in his second year of a huge program of health care reform, Clinton shifted emphasis, declaring "the era of big government is over." He sought legislation to upgrade education, to protect jobs of parents who must care for sick children, to restrict handgun sales, and to strengthen environmental rules. "
    I guess that's "okay." Say what you will about his morals (and I remind you even after that debacle, he still retained a 60% approval rating), but no one can deny he was a great president.
    and would have been continued to be "okay" provided Gore was president?
    A whole lot better than Bush.
    Last edited by Josiah the Warrior; March 10th, 2006 at 05:41 PM.
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

Patroller
    I really can't begin to guess, there's no way to no how someone will react in such a situation until it happens. I will admit, though, that the week or so following 9/11 were by far the best days of his presidency. It all went WAY downhill from there though.

On a side note, I would feel much safer and more comfortable now if Bush and his Republican-controlled Congress hadn't killed the renewal of the ban on assault weapons. We traded the safety of our police officers and general citizens for the "right" of a few people to use assault weapons for recreational target practice. Mad props to that fair trade.

B) You'd be much happier right now with Cheney as president, God forbid something happens to Bush?
    God forbid, indeed! Cheney is downright evil and cunning, much more so than our wonderful Mr. Bush. If Bush should die, though I would never wish death on anyone, I'd hope Cheney weren't in the position to take over as President.

1) Did you vote for Obama? If yes, why? (If you were in-eligible to vote, pretend you weren't)
    I'm legally a resident of that icky red state known as Missouri. However, I would've much sooner voted for Obama over that hypocritical carpetbagger Alan Keyes. Get real.

She's probably too divisive of a figure, but I can always hope. It's a shame so many chauvanists would stand in her way simple because she's a woman, though...

"See Also: George W. Bush" How I hate circular arguments, but it seems he's self-defining

I don't have the time to write a full-length dissertation during finals week. Could you settle for the short version: LOGIC.

5) You thought the country was "okay" during the Clinton years, and would have been continued to be "okay" provided Gore was president?
    I think 9/11 still would've made things less "okay". I do, however, think we wouldn't have such a mess in our foreign relations.
    Vote Pawflash in 2036!!

First off Josiah, my post was addressed to Pawflash, you didn't notice that, but I'll respond to you anyway.

Right back atcha.
    Bush isn't up for re-election, unless of course you're saying he lost the y2k election, which would make him up for re-election wouldn't it?

You think any President could've prevented 9/11? The whole issue with that tragedy was how Bush bungled the post-9/11 world. Instead of rallying the world around us as sympathetic allies, Bush alienated them and decided to go the course alone.

Please. The only real ally we've ever had is the UK, and they've stuck with us. You'd be keen to observe Europe "rallying" around us regarding Iran. I'm sure since they support us so much you would certainly support a Tehran bombing or invasion, wouldn't you?

Sorry, how is that relevant?
    I was curious of Pawflash's opinion, so I asked.

"One of the most meaningful things that's happened to me since I've been the governor-the president-governor-president. Oops. Ex-governor. I went to Bethesda Naval Hospital to give a fellow a Purple Heart, and at the same moment I watched him-get a Purple Heart for action in Iraq-and at that same-right after I gave him the Purple Heart, he was sworn in as a citizen of the United States-a Mexican citizen, now a United States citizen."
    -President George W. Bush
    Washington, D.C.; January 9, 2004
    Provide me a valid news source with this quote, no propaganda,no messageboards. All I can find with this quote is drug-abusing liberal hippie websites, and I'm sure you don't want me to classify you as one of those.

Because although no one can claim to know what Kerry would have done, he sure wouldn't have alienated our foreign allies, lied to the nation and charged into Iraq, neglected the Kyoto treaty, bungled the preparation for and aftermath of Katrina and countless other transgressions.
    1) Allies like who?
    2) Lies like what?
    3) Kyoto amuses me.
    4) Talk to Nagin about Katrina, not Bush. I recommend the Posse Comitatus Act, but I'm sure someone with an intellect of yours already knows about that.

He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare rolls. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus. As part of a plan to celebrate the millennium in 2000, Clinton called for a great national initiative to end racial discrimination.

Where do I begin?

He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term.
    And for some reason this doesn't click with you....hmmmmmmm.

President William Jefferson Clinton was impeached, and quite frankly I should end right there. But I must go on, to give you some enlightenment. I pray you aren't going to school in Cali, but I bet you are.

*Colin Powell & Condoleeza Rice - highest ranking African-Americans ever appointed to government positions - By Bush (a Republican)

*Alberto R. Gonzales - first Hispanic Secretary of State - by Bush

Of course, being the intellectual that you are, I'm sure you've noticed that the unemployment rate has consistently been on the decrease just about every year since Bush has been in office. So I'm not sure about your argument there.

He sought legislation to upgrade education, to protect jobs of parents who must care for sick children, to restrict handgun sales, and to strengthen environmental rules. "
    You are emphasizing the wrong words Josiah.

Say what you will about his morals (and I remind you even after that debacle, he still retained a 60% approval rating), but no one can deny he was a great president.
    I didn't say anything about his morals. Although of course adultery is ok and so is lying under oath, ain't nothing wrong with that!

And nothing like these great things happening under such a great president:

February 26, 1993 - World Trade Center terrorist attack.
    April 19, 1995 - Oklahoma City bombing
    June 25, 1996 - Khobar Towers bombing
    October 12, 2000 - USS Cole bombing

I don't think I need to go any further.
    Last edited by LordTBT; March 10th, 2006 at 08:17 PM.
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Patroller
    Even though my first post was ignored, I figured I'd make a minute response

I didn't say anything about his morals. Although of course adultery is ok and so is lying under oath, ain't nothing wrong with that!
    At least he didn't mislead a country into war and costs thousands of American lives and tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of civilian lives.

And nothing like these great things happening under such a great president:

February 26, 1993 - World Trade Center terrorist attack.
    April 19, 1995 - Oklahoma City bombing
    June 25, 1996 - Khobar Towers bombing
    October 12, 2000 - USS Cole bombing

I don't think I need to go any further.
    Assuming that you're going to use the so-called poor and disorganized state of US Intelligence Agencies to excuse 9/11 as well as Bush's case for war in Iraq (of which there were many high-level dissenters), I'm going to do a pre-emptive strike here and say Clinton couldn't have done anything about these for the same reason...not to mention the Oklahoma City Bombing was carried out by an American without extensive communications that could have provided authorities with a possibility of knowing ahead of time and preventing the attack.
    Vote Pawflash in 2036!!

OMG! OMG! You've so totally convinced me! He didn't win that election and he's a bumbling fool! OMG! I totally see the light now! Thank GOD you came back!

Way to hijack Martin's thread.

This is like looking into a time warp. Y'know, Pawflash, it's been great seeing you again, but if you're just going to dredge up the exact *same* old political stuff, what's the point? Round and round we go. Just go preach it to the choir and get it out of your system. Saves us the headache.

And because it was a thread hijacking, *waves* buh-bye thread.
    -reds