Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Favorite Redwall Species?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Redwall Species?

Favorite Redwall Species?

Well, whats your favorite Redwall species? From otters to hares, from mice to voles, it can be any type found in Redwall.

Mine is otters. Most of my favorite characters tend to be otters. They can be great friends and live in a community. They also can be very good warriors at times. I seem to like Warthorn, the skipper from Mossflower the best along with Deyna.
    Nothing much to say here.

Mine is otters. Most of my favorite characters tend to be otters. They can be great friends and live in a community. They also can be very good warriors at times. I seem to like Warthorn, the skipper from Mossflower the best along with Deyna.
    Otters is also my favourite, just though because hares do come very close
    I agree with everything you said about otters in your post. Guess what I like Warthorn too
    Arven:Tansy Pansy Toogle Doo. Boo!
    -------------------
    Clary: Phwaw! I think I'd turn to a life of crime if I had to eat tucker like that. No wonder they look mean an' ugly!
    -------------------
    Two old Warriors, who had left Redwall Abbey when they were Dibbuns, paw in paw, lay on the rockledge together. They never saw the sunrise that dawn, but they went on to the land of sunny slopes an’ quiet streams–
    Still holding paws.

Hares are my favorite,they're perilous, are funny and have a massive appetite.Clubrush was one of my favorites.Then it would be otters,they're friendly,funny and I like them in real life as well.
    For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.

Ecclesiastes 7:12

Hmmm...Otters & Hares seem to be everyone's favourite
    -------------------
    Clary: Phwaw! I think I'd turn to a life of crime if I had to eat tucker like that. No wonder they look mean an' ugly!
    -------------------
    Two old Warriors, who had left Redwall Abbey when they were Dibbuns, paw in paw, lay on the rockledge together. They never saw the sunrise that dawn, but they went on to the land of sunny slopes an’ quiet streams–
    Still holding paws.

I'm going to stick with moles, with otters at a close second.

Otters. (message too short)

I do like moles, they probably come a second with squirrels third. I love otters in real life, I am trying to find the ones in the lake and river in my backyard. I see their holts, the places where they slide on the banks, fresh droppings, just no otters, yet.

Anyway otters seem to occupy a wide range of rolls in Redwall, though you may not notice it. Their have been warriors, like the many skippers and Deyna, and their have been kind, peaceful otters, like that one from Marlfox. You know the old (can't remember her name) that lived by herself in the woods.

Do you mean Goodwife Brimm?
    -------------------
    -------------------
    Still holding paws.

Badgers. I know they have a horrible bloodlust and some can be kind of bland but I find them so facinating. I always cannot wait to get to the badger in the stories just to learn what he or she is thinking or what he or she might be plotting to do to save the creatures of Mossflower.

I like otters too because of their fun loving nature and because they can go from playful to serious in nothing flat.

Dibbun
    Squirrels. I love their abilities. There just haven't been enough memorable squirrels... .
    I think, therefore... uh... I... uh...

Let me get back to you on that.

i like ferrets they're cool

Quote Originally Posted by Warthorn View Post
    Do you mean Goodwife Brimm?
    Their we go, I knew it was something like that!

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    I can never decide on one single favorite, but I have it narrowed down to a couple.

Woodlanders: Badgers, hares and otters. I love the badgers because of their mysteriousness and their history, and hares and otters both for their unique contrasts between humor and perilous fighting skills.

Vermin: Weasels, pine martens and wildcats. Weasels still have the status of being the only "staple" vermin to have only appeared as the antagonist once, and their one appearance as warlord was pretty awesome. Pine martens an wildcats are just cool as species, the former having a rare, somewhat mysterious quality and the latter being the "powerhouse" vermin species to counter the woodlanders' badgers. I like the idea of them existing as a grey species too.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Downeast Maine, and by Downeast, I mean Up North
    My favorite species is otters.
    I like otters too because of their fun loving nature and because they can go from playful to serious in nothing flat.
    That pretty much sums up my reasons for liking them, and like Truffen said, they're very versitile. Otters are also one of my favorite animals in real life.

Mice are probably my second favorite because they tend to be good leaders, whether they're warlike or peaceful, and they also have the 'underdog' appeal because of their size.
    Smile. It confuses the pygmy shrews.

I am also a big fan of birds, both owls and songbirds. I loved chib, but their haven't been that many songbirds with major roles.