Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
LOAMHEDGE US Cover Released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOAMHEDGE US Cover Released!

Argh, barnes and noble.com has the cover art up, but its small:

I can make out an otter.

Patroller
    Purty-ness, me likes. Me like enough me no kill.
    Me no good at cave-talk, me shut up now.

But really, that extreme coolness.
    I say, is that a jellyfish?

Are you sure you couldn't find a better picture? The otter is all I can make out to, but I think there's a squirrel. The otter might be skipper!
    Get out of my mind, idea! I already have another idea in my head that I am working on!
    Don't you just hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and you lose it?
    Why does advertising use Mac OS "Classic" on most displays and or computers that are sometimes Windows?
    I need to get my web site back up.
    "I see no advantage to the graphical user interface."
    -- Bill Gates, 1984

No I couldn't It wasnt one of tose things where you can click on it and make it bigger. I tried looking for a bigger version at other places but couldnt find one.

The blue / yellow looks purdy though.

Patroller

Unhappy

I'm quite worried. People got the poster with the first image over a month ago. I know they've had a little trouble with illness over at the office, but am I the only one who has not received the latest mailing?

You're not the only one, Keyla. I have yet to recieve my readers club package as well.
    I checked on the official site and this is what it said about it:

Due to illness going around at the Redwall Abbey Co. Ltd. office, please be patient with some delays in the shipping of items. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    So we're just gonna have to wait a little longer.

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks for letting us know about the B&N scan, Glenner!

Hmm.... that's definitely an otter and quite possibly a squirrel across from him, which falls in line with Keyla's theory that they're Sarobando and Bragoon. Interesting. I'd expect a full-size scan to show up before the end of the month.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Patroller
    But if it is them and they are the two proper warriors, what about the three would-bes who are meant to be with them as I personally can't see them in either image, but this is probably just me not being able to make anything out?

Got this from ebay, someones apparently selling it.
    Hmm..this scan has better colors making it a bit clearer, but it still isn't a big scan of it. Argh...when is someone going to put up a larger scan of it?

Wow... kewl... I think I'll go look for a bigger cover image, though. Doubt I'll find one.
    <br>Stay fancy!<br>
    -Dark

I just realized where they are…

Between the Badger and the Bell!

well… Duh! They would encountor the Badger and the Bell; it's on the way to Loamhedge.

If anyone hasn't read Matttimeo, then you will not know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Madd The Sane; July 29th, 2003 at 06:00 PM.
    Get out of my mind, idea! I already have another idea in my head that I am working on!
    Don't you just hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and you lose it?
    Why does advertising use Mac OS "Classic" on most displays and or computers that are sometimes Windows?
    -- Bill Gates, 1984

I THOUGHT that ridge looked like a bell! Well spotted Madd.

Originally posted by Madd The Sane
    I just realized where they are…

Between the Badger and the Bell!

well… Duh! They would encountor the Badger and the Bell; it's on the way to Loamhedge.

If anyone hasn't read Matttimeo, then you will not know what I'm talking about.
    Great eye, Madd! Don't know how I missed that.
    ~Martin the Warrior~

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."

Maybe they will use the clues that are in Mattimeo and meet the longtail horde . I did see another creature, and it was behind the fire. As to what the creature is; Your guess is as good as mine.
    -- Bill Gates, 1984

Howdy, folks-- just thought you'd all like to know I just finished posting a large, very clear scan of the cover art for Loamhedge. The Newsline story in question can be found at: http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/sho...=&threadid=744

As you'll no doubt see in the scan, those very clearly are the badger and the bell (again, great eye, Madd) and the badger looks stunning.

With regards to the creatures around the campfire, as near as I can tell we have an otter on the right (with a sword slung across his back, most likely Martin's), a hare behind the fire, a squirrel to the left, and a small mouse right next to him. No other creatures appear to be present.

Finally, I can now confirm that the art is by Troy Howell, illustrations are by David Elliot, and the page count is 432 pages.

Enjoy speculating!
    ~Martin the Warrior~