Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LOAMHEDGE US Cover Released!

hmm… does that mean that another otter is the Redwall champion? Where is the mole? My guess is the last mistevios creture is a mole. I doubt that the hare is Martha(?).
    Get out of my mind, idea! I already have another idea in my head that I am working on!
    Don't you just hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and you lose it?
    Why does advertising use Mac OS "Classic" on most displays and or computers that are sometimes Windows?
    I need to get my web site back up.
    "I see no advantage to the graphical user interface."
    -- Bill Gates, 1984

Patroller: Emeritus
    Haha! I saw it on the Newsline, and I clicked it, and I was like, "Duuude... It's a badger! And a bell!" and then I was like, "Hey! The badger and the bell! Ooooh hooo, I'm so smart!"
    <center><b>
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    </b>
    <p>
    <a href=http://pikkle.dhs.org/amy/rcon/index.html>Please Visit Redwall Connection!</a></center>

Patroller
    That's pretty...how many times've I said that?
    432 pages, is that longer than Triss? I'm too lazy to check, but I also like long books.

*lazes*
    I say, is that a jellyfish?

Patroller
    Does anybody else think it's somewhat odd that no publication date has been released, and yet it is very close to September? Or maybe it has and I am just unaware of it

As for the cover, I like it. Somehow the lighting and the formation of the rocks make it very interesting. And the colors in the title and Author are nice as well. As for the rock thing in the upper right corner, it looks to me like it is either the badger or the bell.

I'm excited for this book. It sounds like it has a very interesting and different plot to it. Really looking forward to it.
    --From the desk of Gabool

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    The release date of Loamhedge is September 29th. I've actually known that for awhile now-- for some reason I never got it up on the Releases page. I'll have to get that done over the next few days.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Patroller
    the page count is 432 pages
    I will be very pleased if this is the length as it means more book and possibly a more developed story. However, if I am understanding correctly this is only the page count for the Advance Copy it isn't necessarily a clear indication of the final book length. I remember last year being e-mailed by someone in responce to predictions regarding "Triss" who said it was about 370 from their Advance Copy but the actual book was just over 400. The year before the official site said that 400 pages would be the length of "(The) Taggerung" when it ended up being about 30 longer. If this trend continues it would mean a total of about 460, but numerical trends don't always work, so who knows?

I doubt that the hare is Martha
    I agree Madd. I would guess it's one of the young tear-aways.

Patroller
    Why wouldn't the hare be Martha? He/she/it? appears to be sitting, and that's what paralyzed people tend to do (no insult intended).
    Who else thinks Martha is spiffy name?
    I say, is that a jellyfish?

Patroller
    Who else thinks Martha is spiffy name?
    I do. I like biblical names in Redwall (Matthias, Mortimer, etc.)

Why wouldn't the hare be Martha? He/she/it? appears to be sitting, and that's what paralyzed people tend to do (no insult intended).
    Of course it's not impossible, but it might seem a bit cumbersome wheeling in her wheelchair up cliffs, across gorges, etc. I guess it's gut feeling more than anything else but I can see her more leading the abbeybeasts against the attacking vermin.

Keyla
    However, if I am understanding correctly this is only the page count for the Advance Copy it isn't necessarily a clear indication of the final book length.
    Actually, the page count for the Advance Copy is 424 pages. The 432 page-count comes from the stat-page included within the ARC containing all the publishing information such as the ISBN, release date, price, and page count.

Now, it's worth mentioning that the stat page for The Angel's Command cited the book as being 384 pages, while the ARC itself was only 372. When TAC was finally released, it wound up being 374 pages long. So, even the stat page isn't infallible-- but TAC's advance copy was from six months prior to the book's release and contained only five illustrations, whereas Loamhedge is less than two months away and contains all illustrations. I'd say the book's final count will be in the 420-440 page range.

It's also worth mentioning that the page count you were cited for Triss most likely came from an ARC of the American edition (as I didn't see any UK ARCs floating around) and wouldn't necessarily apply to the British edition (which I assume is what you have). Since I own both editions of the book, I pulled them off the shelf to do a quick page-check. The US page count of Triss was 389 pages, differing from the UK's page count 402. Just an extra something to consider.

But, I'd stand by the 420-440 ranged prediction.
    ~Martin the Warrior~

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."

Patroller
    Yah, after I posted I went to Amazon.com and saw that the publication date is September 29th-the day before my birthday.

As for the hare, it could or could not be Martha. I think it could be Martha because if you look over her right shoulder, you can see something sticking up- possibly the top of a wheelchair. I think it could not be Martha, becasue if you look between the hare's legs, it looks like it is sitting on a stone, not a wheelchair.

And I don't suppose anybody's seen the British cover for Lomehedge have they?
    --From the desk of Gabool

Patroller
    Gabool, we most likely won't see it for quite a while yet, due to the delay in the British release.

Given the delay, I'd expect the British cover to surface around December or January. I'm very anxious to see what David Wyatt gives us this time, though. I think he'd do a great job making use of dark greens or blues.
    ~Martin the Warrior~