Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Redwall Video game............
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Redwall Video game............

Patroller

Wink The Redwall Video game............

Most of the people who enter this topic probably have already assumed that I'm not going to make a topic about an actual video game that is in production...

Well, if you're one of those people, you're wrong.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9WsB1nRxc3k

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IgzsNUvHO5c

Creator: Benjywright
    Storywriter: Tdcpresents

Pm me if you want to see some of TDC's stories, so you have an idea of what you're in for.

By the way, this game isn't an official one, so you won't be seeing it on Xbox or the PS3. Just for computer.
    Last edited by Brocktree1; December 18th, 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Well, it shows promise. I know I've seen a few other videos like a render of Redwall Abbey, but I'd have to wait and see an actual "mission" that carries out something from a Redwall book before I'd really be interested.

Anticipating comments that this is wrong and they should cease development and all that... well, yeah, they run a risk, but I don't think it's going to take away sales or hurt the reputation of Redwall as a whole. And people hopefully wouldn't mistake it for an official game. It's fun to watch this thing go through its stages.

Wish there was something more done with that 3D Matthias render that someone else did.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

Ick. A Redwall VIDEO GAME? What has this series slipped to? It doesn't need a video game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    Ice cream makes everything better. Even Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen King
    Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

DARN! MY! COMPUTER! It won't let me get the latest Flash Player.

But on the subject of a Redwall Videogame, I always thought it be cool if BJ allowed at least one to be made based on the first Redwall. I mean people would get interested in that one awesome game, then search Redwall find out that there are a ton of books about other Redwall adventures. Then boom Redwall gets a thousand more fans. It's so sad some people have never even heard of Redwall and know naught of its greatness.
    Vermin Mishaps! may return, eventually...maybe.

Patroller
    Ick. A Redwall VIDEO GAME? What has this series slipped to? It doesn't need a video game!

And people hopefully wouldn't mistake it for an official game.
    Too many Opus, too many.

I'm not too crazy about the way the otter walks, but that's probably just my ignorance and it'll probably be improved 4 the sake of the final product, but idk. other than that, it loox pretty awesome and i'd definitely play it even if it was a piece of doodoo just cuz it's a Redwall game.

Idk if anyone else was wondering this, but don't those rocks in the 2nd vid
    Spoiler!

i wonder if that's what they're supposed 2 be...
    "From the Northern icy heights
    Warrior mouse with bird unites!"

-Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

A world were Wolves and horses live in peace
    WOW

Number 25 had a Celtic women song the Voice. I can't wait for it to come out even if it isn't a big thing.
    "plucky!" "Hello Dashie, I've missed you." "Yeah I've missed you too."

Animals of farthing wood the tv series.

The graphics completely suck. But I don't really care about graphics, I just want some fun gameplay.

Looks good.

Patroller
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokkan View Post
    The graphics completely suck.
    I think you need to readjust your expectations a little. Do you know how hard it is to even make a 3d model of something? And a game.. I can't imagine the amount of programming experience needed to make one. So I think this is pretty awesome in itself.

Patroller
    This is unbelievable! Where did you learn to program like that? I am 29 years old, I have been programming since I was eight, and I only use Q-Basic. I am just curious: how old are you? Have taken any college computer courses?

PS - This looks like it would be loads of fun for your personal use, but I would be careful about distributing or disseminating it, as there would be major copyright issues.
    "We're not doomed until I say we are!"
    --Constance, Redwall

Cornflower: But...you're dead!
    Cluny: No...you're dead!

My chili will kill you. My dad's chili will make you wish my chili had killed you.

Patroller
    This is unbelievable! Where did you learn to program like that? I am 29 years old, I have been programming since I was eight, and I only use Q-Basic. I am just curious: how old are you? Have taken any college computer courses?

PS - This looks like it would be loads of fun for your personal use, but I would be careful about distributing or disseminating it, as there would be major copyright issues.
    Hehe, sorry, but I'm not the programmer or writer (I don't have a long enough attention span for programming.. trust me, I've tried.)

http://benjywright.0moola.com/ faq.html

Here, I hope this faq can help you find any answers.

Patroller
    I heard about it and suppose to be a russian game.

The vidos are good through i dont know what the mai plot is.

Also I read your faq and know that you dont want us to be vermin.

I apperciate that but you shoudent say that we are not redwall fans cause we like villains.

EDIT: Actully the reason u cant play as an evil char is because

1. This is a norm rpg not a MMO or a RTS

2. Good species cant be bad.

P.S: Is there any good MMOS in which I can make an evil character???
    Last edited by Xie1; May 10th, 2008 at 07:32 PM.
    I am the lord of air and darkness. The prince of pain. The lord of chaos, beware!!!!

I don't know to be happy or sad. I agree with Brian Jacques in the point that there shouldn't be a video game of Redwall. It says in his fan questions. I just don't know though cause I like video games. I will just wait till it is done then I will try it out. Oh by the way Xie? Nice avatar Archimond
    I think during this time we are all warriors. Whether we like it or not. -Rose, Redwall season 3-