Thread: The Trio of Mossflower

Dibbun

The Trio of Mossflower

The Trio Of Mossflower
    A Fanfiction Of the Redwall Series

By Olaf The Fierce

Prologue

So it was, as was every other day in the late summer in Mossflower, that it rained, a hard downpour of what seemed to tears from the sky, mad at the woodlanders of Mossflower. Olaf the Fierce, a young, but wise badger warrior looked up at the sky, wondering if the rain would ever halt, just once, so that he could enjoy a nice, peaceful summer day. But as it was if lately, he was, as usual, up in his own home, which lay far hidden in the forests of Mossflower, where rarely anyone passed.
    But, strangely, a knock was heard from the door of the warrior's home. He didn't believe it though. Barely anyone knew where he lived, mainly his family and some friends, who were mostly dead. But still, a creature pounded on the door.
    "Open up! Open up, whoever lives here, please! Vermin are after me, they will take my head to their leader if I am found. You just have to help me, you just have to!"
    After hearing the pleads and yells for help for about three hours, Olaf finally went up to the door, unlocked it by taking the piece of wood that went across the door off and setting on the floor.
    Upon opening the door, Olaf found a red fox, who carried a bow and arrow.
    "Think fast, cause yer deadmeat, numskull!"
    Olaf tried his best to fight with the fox, but for him, he could do nothing. With an arrow set in place, the fox fired it, straight at the badger warriors eye. Blood came rushing out, and Olaf went on the ground fast, panting for air, dying. As he looked up, the fox snarled, spitting in the warrior's face.
    "Goes to show ya how dumb a badger can be. Oh, and when you die and get buried, thank Golbair the Assassin for doing you in." he said, as he ran off into the thicks of the forests of Mossflower, thinking that Olaf the Fierce, the strong, brave badger warrior was dead.
    But, as he ran, he thought to himself, what if the badger wasn't dead?

Dibbun
    ok i changed the prologue to this. I hope you like it! if you dont, or wanna post comments or anything feel free to talk here.

The Trio Of Mossflower

By Olaf The Fierce

Prologue

Winter came, and like any other season, changes came. With the new season, the dwellers that lived and traveled around Mossflower would go different paths, and find many hardships. But most important of all, new battles. With sights of what looked like warlords, every creature in Mossflower was on alert. Espicially of the vermin leader Shilling the Bold, a famous fox. Leader of many raids, and winner of every war. He was afraid of nothing. Nobeast stood in his way, or dared to stand in his path, for they knew he would kill anybeast that did so.

Thy Winter was a summer's past
    Who knows what thy shant see,
    But living through
    And singing tunes,
    I know a little about he.

Dibbun
    The Trio Of Mossflower

By Olaf The Fierce

Prologue

Winter came, and like any other season, changes came. With the new season, the dwellers that lived and traveled around Mossflower would go different paths, and find many hardships. But most important of all, new battles. With sights of what looked like warlords, every creature in Mossflower was on alert. Espicially of the vermin leader Shilling the Bold, a famous fox. Leader of many raids, and winner of every war. He was afraid of nothing. Nobeast stood in his way, or dared to stand in his path, for they knew he would kill anybeast that did so.
    "They're coming. They're coming! Everyone suit up and get in battle positions. The vermin are arriving, we must fight them off so they don't take over Mossflower! "

This rang out from soldiers in the goodbeast army of Mossflower. They ran town through town, yelling and banging on creatures doors, warning them about the danger and telling them to get their weapons and everything else ready for battle.

Shilling, a young squirel dibbun could not fight in the battle. But, his bold father Abaith, a squriel archer, probably the most accurate in the land was called upont to fight. Fearing nobeast, he took up his bow and arrow, put on his best tunic with a quiver full of arrows and kissed Shilling goodbye.
    "My son, Shilling. I will soon see you again."
    As he ran out the door, Shilling started to cry. He thought his dad would be killed by vermin. And he was right, sort of. Abaith wasn't killed, but he was taken prisioner. As he was dragged off of the battlefield in a cart with other prisioners and dead carcasses and bodies, he thought of his son, thinking he would never see him again.

Ok, thats my new prologue. If anyone likes it, i will keep it, unless the first prologue is liked better still...

Dibbun
    The Trio Of Mossflower

By Olaf The Fierce

Prologue

Winter came, and like any other season, changes came. With the new season, the dwellers that lived and traveled around Mossflower would go different paths, and find many hardships. But most important of all, new battles. With sights of what looked like warlords, every creature in Mossflower was on alert. Espicially of the vermin leader Shilling the Ace, a famous fox. Leader of many raids, and winner of every war. He was afraid of nothing. Nobeast stood in his way, or dared to stand in his path, for they knew he would kill anybeast that did so.
    "They're coming. They're coming! Everyone suit up and get in battle positions. The vermin are arriving, we must fight them off so they don't take over Mossflower! "

This rang out from soldiers in the goodbeast army of Mossflower. They ran town through town, yelling and banging on creatures doors, warning them about the danger and telling them to get their weapons and everything else ready for battle.

Lockshire, a young hare dibbun could not fight in the battle. But, his bold father Abaith, a squriel archer, probably the most accurate in the land was called upont to fight. Fearing nobeast, he took up his bow and arrow, put on his best tunic with a quiver full of arrows and kissed Shilling goodbye.
    "My son, Lockshire. I will soon see you again."
    As he ran out the door, Lockshire started to cry. He thought his dad would be killed by vermin. And he was right, sort of. Abaith wasn't killed, but he was taken prisioner. As he was dragged off of the battlefield in a cart with other prisioners and dead carcasses and bodies, he thought of his son, thinking he would never see him again.

Ok, thats the new story. i had the greatest idea while going to the bathroom today. Lockshire grows up, his mom tells him why his dad isnt there (she lied to him for years) so he goes out and tries to find him, while the warlord that captured his father rolls into Mossflower again. Lockshire finds one of the trio there, while he is getting hanged, and another member of the trio battling stoats.

Also, sorry i had two people named shilling...i forgot the warlords name when i made the dibbuns names.

Dibbun
    The Trio Of Mossflower

By Olaf The Fierce

Chapter One

Winter came, and like any other season, changes came. With the new season, the dwellers that lived and traveled around Mossflower would go different paths, and find many hardships. But most important of all, new battles. With sights of what looked like warlords, every creature in Mossflower was on alert. Espicially of the vermin leader Shilling the Ace, a famous fox. Leader of many raids, and winner of every war. He was afraid of nothing. Nobeast stood in his way, or dared to stand in his path, for they knew he would kill anybeast that did so.

Lockshire, a young squirel dibbun could not fight in the battle, for he was much to young to even be able to wield a sword. But, his bold father Abaith, a bold squriel archer, probably the most accurate in the land was called upont to fight. Fearing nobeast, he took up his bow and arrow, put on his best tunic with a quiver full of arrows and kissed Lockshire goodbye.
    "My son, Lockshire. I will soon see you again."
    As he ran out the door, Lockshire started to cry. He thought his dad would be killed by vermin. And he was right, sort of. Abaith wasn't killed, but he was taken prisioner. As he was dragged off of the battlefield in a cart with other prisioners and dead carcasses and bodies, he thought of his son, thinking he would never see him again.
    Days later the remaining soldiers who weren't caught by the enemy or killed soon realized that their leader, Abaith was gone. Soon, it dawned on the woodlanders that without him, all could be lost for he was the strongest and wisest of the group. As they thought and thought, they finally made search parties and set off to look for him. But, all attempts proved hopeless. They feared that their leader, the one who everyone knew and loved, who's name was spoken everywhere would be gone forever. Nobody knew his fate. But not all was lost...for soon a small mouse stepped up to face the woodlanders.
    "Hear me out!" he cried out over all the voices that surrounded him. "All is not lost. We must try hard to search for Abaith, the true soldier and protector of Mossflower. But we will find him. For if we don't, Mossflower could fall. Blood would be shed all throughout this peacefull estate, and our own children would be brutually tortured, even by a grown creature. So creatures of Mossflower, hear me out. We must work together, and find a solution to this problem."
    As the mouse stumbled off to gather his supplies, creatures at once started talking again at once. The next day, half the army gave their farewells and good-byes to their families and friends as they went off on their quest to slay vermin and rescue Abaith, as the rest stayed behind to protect Mossflower.

Dibbun
    The Trio Of Mossflower

By Olaf The Fierce

Chapter Two

If you thought that you could take a brave, noble badger warrior, a young, talented mouse excellent with swords and a squirel archer who never missed a shot, get them together and make a group of them people would think you were crazy, mad, ill in the brain. And so was the story with the old wise mouse Bakalar, the oldest and smartest (or so folk of Redwall say) in all of the woodlands. For he, did not live in Redwall. Some vermin say he once was a great warrior, who on the path to victory found the true meaning of death, after his sister Omissaiy was executed by a evil warlord, Genray. But, as he got older he stood no match for the newer and younger threats to his homeland. Soon he had to make a decision. He fled into the woodlands (or so people think) and was never heard of again. But this is just the vermin story. For old woodlanders know the true glory of this mouse, one who would never stop thinking, ever after the end of time.

Early morning rose over Redwall...and a scream was heard, from what sounded like a young dibbun...

sorry to eveyone if they think this is short or bad...i have to get off in like 30 seconds to go somewhere so i dont have much time....im also sorry for such the long wait for the stories next chapter to happen...i just wish that i had enough time to put dialogue in this chapter

Dibbun
    The Trio Of Mossflower

By Olaf The Fierce

Chapter Two continuation

...Most Redwallers still were asleep, as they didn't think too much of the thought of a threat against them. But they didn't know that Yuiru the Rouge had visited Redwall. Even though they didn't know it yet, the Redwallers would soon be facing tragedy. As they awoke that morning, they got up to a dead baby dibbun, and others wounded.
    "Iz my mutha gonna be okay?" asked a dibbun to his father
    "Shes just sleeping, son." he replied, tears coming out of his eyes
    "We must do something about this!" yelled a mouse
    "We can't just live like this, knowing that a warlord could attack us at any moment. We could be captured and then our spieces would never live again through the walls of Redwall."
    Through the many shouts of support of the creatures, came silence as one shoted "Look at the wall!" Written on it were the words:

I see by day
    And stalk by night
    Do not fret,
    Soon yours will be mine.

Give me it, and you'll be spared
    Fight for it, and you'll die.