Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd/3rd Season

Patroller

2nd/3rd Season

Can Mattimeo/Martin the Warrior be bought in any store in the U.S., or do I have to order them online? I can't find them anywhere!
    "We're not doomed until I say we are!"
    --Constance, Redwall

Cornflower: But...you're dead!
    Cluny: No...you're dead!

My chili will kill you. My dad's chili will make you wish my chili had killed you.

Order it online. It's very difficult if not impossible to find it at its original price however, expect to shell out some big bucks for it. I remember seeing Season 2 a few years ago, but then the next year it was gone. Season 3, for some reason, has -never- been available on Netflix.

If you're in the U.K., just hang tight because the DVD of Season 3 will be out eventually. Season 2's available for U.K., but again for a ridiculous price.

Out of the three, Season 3 is the most rare and apparently the most expensive. It's also the only season I managed to get a copy of, a couple weeks after it released in the U.S.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

I would be surprised to hear of them available in stores...however, despite what anyone says, they are totally available online, and I see them available online every single day.

Now, whether you're willing to shell out $50+ each is up to you.

http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-Season...2375875&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Brian-Jacques-...2375898&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Martin-Warrior...2375875&sr=1-4

Additionally, having purchased items from individual Amazon merchants, I can verify this is safe.
    Last edited by LordTBT; June 1st, 2008 at 11:21 PM.
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    You also might want to keep your eye out on eBay, for cheaper versions of Season 2 and 3 have been known to pop up there occasionally. I wouldn't expect to find them for really good prices, though.

Sadly, eBay is also known to price-gouge...

I think that all three seasons can also be watched on YouTube, although the quality is really terrible and they weren't uploaded legally.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Patroller
    I've seen them on there myself.

Please, let's not get into that again.

To be honest, I wouldn't expect anything else, considering what Folgrimeo mentioned.

It is still possible that season 3 could get released in the U.K though.
    -Formerly known as Durry Quill

Patroller
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    You also might want to keep your eye out on eBay, for cheaper versions of Season 2 and 3 have been known to pop up there occasionally. I wouldn't expect to find them for really good prices, though.

Sadly, eBay is also known to price-gouge...

I think that all three seasons can also be watched on YouTube, although the quality is really terrible and they weren't uploaded legally.
    I watched the whole series on YouTube, but I would just love to have them in my hands, and/or sitting next to my DVD player.

Looks as if that might nor happen any time soon, though.
    --Constance, Redwall

My chili will kill you. My dad's chili will make you wish my chili had killed you.

Thumbs up

Looks as if that might nor happen any time soon, though.
    I would recommend a summer job. You can easily afford the cost of all 3 DVDs in 3-4 days of work.

Patroller
    Money isn't the problem. I can come up with it. But online shopping makes me nervous. I don't have a bank account of my own, and the thought of a credit card makes me cringe. If there is a walk-in store where I can get it like Best-Buy or something, that would be so much better.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just like to keep things simple.
    --Constance, Redwall

You can always get a prepaid credit/debit card to use online. You can get them from any bank (or even some stores). You determine how much you want to put on the card and pay a modest fee. The card works just like a credit card, but if the transaction is somehow intercepted, they can only get what's on the card. I've used them many times without a problem.
    Rimrose @->---
    The difference between a hypocrite and a wise man is that one states his beliefs while the other lives them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimrose View Post
    You can always get a prepaid credit/debit card to use online. You can get them from any bank (or even some stores). You determine how much you want to put on the card and pay a modest fee. The card works just like a credit card, but if the transaction is somehow intercepted, they can only get what's on the card. I've used them many times without a problem.
    I would further add that you're going to need a credit card at some point any way- you need debt to get more credit, and unless you're very wealthy, you're going to need credit to get loans, which are most of the time necessary to pay for things like college, cars, houses, etc.

You don't even need to use a credit card that much, but it's a lot handier charging that $1000 laptop to the card then whipping out a wad of c-notes. You really don't want people knowing you carry that much cash on ya.

But online shopping makes me nervous.
    I'm not sure why - this isn't ten years ago, that was the time to be nervous. You're forgetting this is Web 2.0, everything is very secure, especially top-notch sites like Amazon, eBay, and other top retailers. If you're shopping online from a big name company, there is nothing to fear. Like I said before, I do it all the time.

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTBT View Post
    You really don't want people knowing you carry that much cash on ya.
    Yeah, I was just about to say - in modern times, I'm pretty sure that online shopping is safer than the alternative, especially when expensive merchandise is involved. If you get a wad of cash stolen, you're screwed. If you get a credit card stolen, you can call your bank and have the card canceled mere minutes after the fact.

Most other types of risk involving online purchases with credit cards can be avoided with little to no effort as long as you follow a few simple rules of thumb. No eBay negotiations outside of eBay, stuff like that. Mostly common sense stuff, I think.
    Last edited by Ferahgo the Assassin; June 3rd, 2008 at 02:13 PM.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

You've gotten some good advice about the prepaid cards. I used them online when I didn't want to use my debit card (before I got a credit card). I know others have suggested you get a credit card, but unless you are 18, you cannot legally get a card in your own name. The closest you can come to your own card is to become an authorized user on a parent's card.
    Mackinsie
    *God Bless America*

The Redwall Links - the #1 internet Redwall directory

...'neath the cover of october skies and all the leaves on the trees are falling to the sound of the breezes that blow...

-reds

I would probably say to order them at this website.
    Click Here!

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

6006L3 534RC|-|

(>'_')> <<<<< Its Kirby!

Teebs linked Amazon way back in post #3. Brand new is not in stock and is out of print, which ain't gonna change. So eBay or the Amazon Marketplace are your choices. And looking at Amazon, season two starts at $51. I'd break towards the $10 one on eBay I linked. *coughmecough*

-reds