Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
XD, this is sort of weird.

Thread: XD, this is sort of weird.

XD, this is sort of weird.

Look at my intro to a novel I tried to write when I was about 11….

Introduction:

It happened three years ago. Only three, no more no less. Three years is not along time, but when those years are spent with trials, suffering, and pain three years can seem like an eternity. I was twelve at the time, never dreaming what misfortune would befall me. It all began when I took a trip with my father. This is my story, the story of Shantias.

This was before I was a Monty Python fan, and yet it starts out like the Holy Hand Grenade thing. They had kidnapped by brain before I even knew they existed.
    And it's weird to compare that paragraph there to something I wrote now. And now I'm so flippingly paranoid that I still sound like that.
    Last edited by Fuzface; June 27th, 2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Spacing problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    Ice cream makes everything better. Even Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen King
    Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Patroller
    Monty Python is wonderfully random!

Anyhow, tried to write about...-counts on fingers- never mind. The ideas don't stick, though. Like, I wrote a 70 pg bits of a novel, and then I realized almost all the characters were Stus or Sues. There went my great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Safronia_Cedarwood View Post
    Monty Python is wonderfully random!

Anyhow, tried to write about...-counts on fingers- never mind. The ideas don't stick, though. Like, I wrote a 70 pg bits of a novel, and then I realized almost all the characters were Stus or Sues. There went my great idea.
    Me too. I've tried so many times. Stupid Mary sues. Luckily, this "Shantias" thing only lasted about 7 pages, but I had the whole story planned out in my mind.
    But you should have read my "deer Meadow" story. It's fantabulously hilarious (although it wasn't supposed to be. I was TRYING to be touching and deep, but utterly failed.)
    But Eddy and the Basement (hopefully) is a step up from that. Now I just need to edit n' stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    Ice cream makes everything better. Even Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen King
    Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Patroller
    Now I understand why the Redwall fan-fiction page is littered with Sue parodies.

On a side note: Any reason the catagory here is named 'The Writer's Block'?