Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Book 17 - Rackety Tam
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Book 17 - Rackety Tam

Question Book 17

I know that a few months after taggerung (or something like that) we knew about Triss and Loamhedge. What do you think will be the seventeenth novel (let rumors abound)
    Get out of my mind, idea! I already have another idea in my head that I am working on!
    Don't you just hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and you lose it?
    Why does advertising use Mac OS "Classic" on most displays and or computers that are sometimes Windows?
    I need to get my web site back up.
    "I see no advantage to the graphical user interface."
    -- Bill Gates, 1984

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    Actually, we knew about Triss and Loamhedge months prior to the release Taggerung. Brian revealed them during a webcast promoting the (then) new book, Castaways of the Flying Dutchman.

As for book #17-- no comment.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Actually, we knew about Triss and Loamhedge months prior to the release Taggerung
    wow
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

Patroller
    Sorry to repeat myself as I have posted this on a different thread but it is relevent here:

http://terrouge.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=1093&

It is basically a discussion from Terrouge forums.

Meh, he could be telling the truth. Maybe not. We'll have to see.
    <br>Stay fancy!<br>
    -Dark

Patroller
    Well, if he had written "Loamhedge" prior to the release of "(The) Taggerung" then he is quite possibly planning or even writing #18 right now, though he may be a year behind due to his stroke. With this in mind we should soon get some official information regarding #17, especially if the thread at Terrouge is correct that he is talking about it while on tour.

Well, if you hear anything, will you tell me. He is not touring to any cities near mine, and I don't want to travel far to see him.

Book Seventeen, according to things I've read in the terrouge post, will be exiting in my opinion; A squirrel warrior selling his sword (?mercenary?) ... Who knows about more details other than Brian Jacques himself?

(after reading {skimming?} all of the terrouge forum about the 17th book)

thr....three blades! the main character is going to carry three blades! How insane is that!?
    Last edited by Madd The Sane; June 11th, 2003 at 12:38 PM.
    Get out of my mind, idea! I already have another idea in my head that I am working on!
    Don't you just hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and you lose it?
    Why does advertising use Mac OS "Classic" on most displays and or computers that are sometimes Windows?
    -- Bill Gates, 1984

Racatetan?...and I thought the name Taggerung was weird...
    It sounds like a fairly interesting book, a warrior mercenary squirrel from the Northlands and whatnot...
    If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips.
    -Birgitte

Patroller

Question

The one thing I'm not sure of is what is meant by "sells his sword", though taking it literally would seem very odd indeed. If he is a mercenary it should be good, though I wonder whether he'll be bad, which I think is unlikely, live in a bad situation, like Deyna in "(The) Taggerung", or simply be a mercenary but only fighting for good, though the fact that he would appear to demand payment suggests he is not some Martin or Janglur, just helping goodbeasts purely out of the good of his heart. When considering this we should remember that the only mercenary t here has been, that I can remember, is Bane and his band, most definately on the side of evil. Either way it is interesting to see Brian playing around with his own boundaries.

The freebooters in Triss were also mercinaries, as well as Patchcoat. I know there must me more mercinaries somewhere, most of them being bad guys.
    -- Bill Gates, 1984

Originally posted by Keyla
    Well, if he had written "Loamhedge" prior to the release of "(The) Taggerung" then he is quite possibly planning or even writing #18 right now, though he may be a year behind due to his stroke. With this in mind we should soon get some official information regarding #17, especially if the thread at Terrouge is correct that he is talking about it while on tour.
    Just to clear things up, he hadn't finished Loamhedge at that time. If anything, it was little more than a bare outline or a few chapters at the time. Brian traditionally works two books ahead, so I'd say he's finishing up with #18 and is starting the groundwork for #19-- assuming, of course, A Divvil of a Lad, Liver Jack, and Sergeant Mugworth haven't eaten up too much time and that he hasn't begun a third Castaways novel.
    ~Martin the Warrior~

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."

Patroller
    And he said he was taking it easy after the stroke. Mind you he may be writing just one Redwall and one other each year, though it seems like more as we hear about the books years before they come out.

Patroller
    Having a few books written in advance doesn't mean he's overworking. I'd say the man can handle his time better than me. *realizes she has homework*
    I say, is that a jellyfish?

Okay, now I'll comment on it. It's not "Racatetan", but Rackety Tam. "Selling his sword" does, indeed, equal "mercenary", and Rackety is accompanied by his friend, Wild Dougie Plum.

For more information, see the latest Newsline post: http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/sho...=&threadid=665

There are still a few bits I'm not revealing, but I'll see what I can do.
    ~Martin the Warrior~

Patroller
    *Cheers* I'm glad it's a mercenary. Mind you it could just be two warriors going about and the only price they demand for their services is a bit of shelter, food and water. Wild Dougie Plum is an interesting name. For all those who are not British it is a very northern British name, sounding quite Scotish, not to say that there are no southern Dougies, of course. This gives no real clue as to the storyline, though you can most likely bet your granny they get to Redwall somehow.