Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The "who's online now" random chat thread.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "who's online now" random chat thread.

The "who's online now" random chat thread.

Because I'm tired of lurking on the "Who's online thread", hoping to see the a user replying to a thread. So here's a thread for all our random spammy chat about random Spam.

So....Hi. How are you? I'm online. And terribly bored. Is it just me, or is the forum rather slow lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    Ice cream makes everything better. Even Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen King
    Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Well, school's back in session and I'm learning about system calls in Linux and event-driven programming, so... I won't be on for too long each night.

"And that's all I have to say about that." -- Forrest Gump

...hey, what's this about a dragon dying in your signature? Seems to be no interactive way to make it hatch (I was thinking if enough people viewed it, it would hatch) other than luck, but then, I've never been around the Dragon Cave.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

I'm trying to tweak Puppy Linux for my own needs - it's proving to be somewhat of a pain.

It always seemed that if enough people clicked it hatched? I don't know.

Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzface View Post
    It always seemed that if enough people clicked it hatched? I don't know.
    I've been involved in this silly game for quite a while - I don't know why, it's addicting and is something to do online when I'm bored. Bladeswift introduced me to it. And yeah, clicks and views make the eggs hatch. You normally need several hundred unique views in conjunction with at least several dozen clicks in order to get one of the eggs to hatch, and the same stats apply to getting the hatchlings to grow up. Most people post them in forum signatures, LJ or other places online in order to get the needed views.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

I've been involved in this silly game for quite a while - I don't know why, it's addicting and is something to do online when I'm bored. Bladeswift introduced me to it. And yeah, clicks and views make the eggs hatch. You normally need several hundred unique views in conjunction with at least several dozen clicks in order to get one of the eggs to hatch, and the same stats apply to getting the hatchlings to grow up. Most people post them in forum signatures, LJ or other places online in order to get the needed views.
    I've been able to raise two....My eggs seem to die a lot.

At long last, I've returned from my summer hiatus, and I'm back to post once more. I had a good, productive summer; I beat Chrono Trigger and Portal; read Ender's Shadow, Speaker for the Dead, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and quite a few others; got a new keyboard, met my somewhat-unrequited love again, found a softball-sized piece of brain coral (on the same trip I met the aforementioned crush), visited the local theme park several times, and just had a good time all summer. The music I'm listening to right now (To Faraway Times - Chrono Trigger OST) is pretty fitting for this post, actually.
    GREAT !
    YOU FULFILED YOUR MISSION.
    IT WILL REVIVE PEACE IN SPACE.
    BUT,IT MAY BE INVADED BY THE OTHER METROID.
    PRAY FOR A TRUE PEACE IN SPACE !

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    What is this dragon thing you are talking about? Does it have something to do with the 'wittle' egg thing in Fuz's sig?

Hello to Fuz and Swordmaster, who are online right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelki Sureshot View Post
    What is this dragon thing you are talking about? Does it have something to do with the 'wittle' egg thing in Fuz's sig?

Hello to Fuz and Swordmaster, who are online right now.
    Yup. That's my wittle dwagon. It's going to die, probably. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
    read Ender's Shadow, Speaker for the Dead.
    WHEEEE! Orson Scott Card. XD

I'm re-reading Speaker currently. Good stuffs.

I'm listening to Sweeney Todd and arguing with my brother on whether or not Eargon is derivitive and awful. *roll eyes* He's never read it....and he doesn't think it's bad. And He's also saying I should be satisfied with mediocore writing. But I'm not settling for anything less than very good.

I don't pay enough attention to notice bad writing. Oh well. And did you say SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fried, of course.
    What!? You say you've never had fried spam! It's the best way to eat it! Just cut it into slices about 3/16 of an inch wide, and fry like bacon until.. darker. It's awesome.
    And did you know that they make BACON FLAVORED-SPAM!!!! We had it in scrambled eggs . It tastes good.

And I'll click on your little dragon, Fuzface. I can't let it die!!!
    ~Pondlily Riverdrop, the Self-Proclaimed Queen of Parody.

"We're all abnormal, so we're all normal, so we're all abnormal so...I guess we're just abnormally normal."~ Me

"A good warrior can think for theirself. If you can't analyze the situation in an instant and do what needs to be done, you die. But if you can't work as a team, you can't live." ~Me, again.

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzface View Post
    Yup. That's my wittle dwagon. It's going to die, probably. xD
    I would volunteer to help you out, but there's a new rule on the site against posting other people's eggs. I think it might be temporary, though, so if I remember I'll offer again when the rule is gone.

I'm re-reading Speaker currently. Good stuffs.
    I'm rereading The Worthing Saga currently, for at least the eighth or so time. Still my favorite OSC book.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondlily
    And did you know that they make BACON FLAVORED-SPAM!!!!
    Did you know that bacon-flavored ice cream exists?
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Forget that, bacon cereal (found from the above URL) is the real test. From the testimony on there, it sounds like a food that's painful to eat.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

Patroller
    It has been slow but hopefully it will get better.The new book is coming out and that should help.

No, I like bacon, but I don't love it like Spam.
    And I don't love spam as much as I love.. SPAGHETTI! I love spaghetti! (Sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll just randomly yell it, and it's toxic to Alien Llamas [long story])

And I don't love spaghetti as much as I love....
    CHEESE GRITS!
    They are the best. Trust me. You have a pound of Velveeta (the cheese that's really soft and yellow), tabasco sauce, worchestire sauce, seasoned salt, and a bunch of other stuff. Oh man it's good.

School just started. It'll be slow for a while.
    ~Pondlily Riverdrop, the Self-Proclaimed Queen of Parody.

"We're all abnormal, so we're all normal, so we're all abnormal so...I guess we're just abnormally normal."~ Me

"A good warrior can think for theirself. If you can't analyze the situation in an instant and do what needs to be done, you die. But if you can't work as a team, you can't live." ~Me, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondlily Riverdrop View Post
    I don't pay enough attention to notice bad writing. Oh well. And did you say SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'll click on your little dragon, Fuzface. I can't let it die!!!
    Lovely spam, loveable spa...

No. Not even going to go there.

It's cracking! YEAH!
    And I notice bad writing....a lot.

I would volunteer to help you out, but there's a new rule on the site against posting other people's eggs. I think it might be temporary, though, so if I remember I'll offer again when the rule is gone.
    That's alright....I've posted it everywhere I go.....XKCD, philoticweb..my blog....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrykinz
    I'm rereading The Worthing Saga currently, for at least the eighth or so time. Still my favorite OSC book.
    I've lent my copy to my cousin....I hope I get it back sometime, so can re-read it. I went to a bookstore today and read a short story by him...It was called "The Dragon's House", I think. It was decent, I guess, but then it just kind of ends just as it gets most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondlily Riverdrop View Post
    No, I like bacon, but I don't love it like Spam.
    And I don't love spam as much as I love.. SPAGHETTI! I love spaghetti! (Sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll just randomly yell it, and it's toxic to Alien Llamas [long story])

And I don't love spaghetti as much as I love....
    CHEESE GRITS!
    Grits? Ew. They're like styrofoam balls in water.