Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The "who's online now" random chat thread. - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "who's online now" random chat thread.

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzface View Post
    That's alright....I've posted it everywhere I go.....XKCD, philoticweb..my blog....etc.
    Fun, I post at XKCD too. What's your user name there? I think you mentioned also posting at Hatrack before, which I do also... I should register at Philoticweb too.

I've lent my copy to my cousin....I hope I get it back sometime, so can re-read it.
    I have two copies, one of which my significant other has finally been coerced into reading.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    Fun, I post at XKCD too. What's your user name there?
    My name is Rowsdower. I don't post a lot, and when I do, it's mainly in the book forum. XKCD is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry
    I think you mentioned also posting at Hatrack before, which I do also... I should register at Philoticweb too.
    Philotic's alright. Some people annoy me. And I annoy some people. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry
    I have two copies, one of which my significant other has finally been coerced into reading.
    I coerce people into reading OSC. Like two aunts....one of which who got addicted, and the other who didn't really care. Ah well, not everyone has good taste.
    Ice cream makes everything better. Even Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen King
    Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Grits? Ew. They're like styrofoam balls in water.
    Not cheese grits. It's more like a casserole. You cook the grits, add all of the cheese and tabasco and worchestire and put it in a casserole dish and bake it. One pan feeds twelve, and at Christmas and Thanksgiving, my grandmother and my mom will both make a pan. There's usually about 13 people. By the end of the meal there's nothing left. Period. What's weird is that my great-grandpa on that side wouldn't touch 'em (they'd been kind of poor, but what do you expect? He was one of six, and had 9 kids)

Yay for your dragon!
    ~Pondlily Riverdrop, the Self-Proclaimed Queen of Parody.

"We're all abnormal, so we're all normal, so we're all abnormal so...I guess we're just abnormally normal."~ Me

"A good warrior can think for theirself. If you can't analyze the situation in an instant and do what needs to be done, you die. But if you can't work as a team, you can't live." ~Me, again.

Patroller
    Just out of curiosity, how many people have the dragon egg in their signature?

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    **fumes** Will someone please explain this strange dragon phenomemon? Wait, that's not right. phe-nom-en-on. Right?

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Safronia_Cedarwood View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how many people have the dragon egg in their signature?
    I have one sometimes, when I'm trying to hatch one... which isn't at the moment. Bladeswift has an adult dragon in his sig, you and Fuz both have one, Renegade has one, and Tesra also has an adult dragon in hers. I think that's everyone, though I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelki Sureshot View Post
    **fumes** Will someone please explain this strange dragon phenomemon? Wait, that's not right. phe-nom-en-on. Right?
    It's an online collection game where people "steal" eggs from the Cave. A batch of eggs is released each hour, and they're usually gone within a few minutes. If you manage to steal one, you need to find ways to get people to click it and view the image url it gives you, and if it gets enough views and clicks it will hatch over the following week. If it doesn't get enough, it will die. Once it hatches, it's then a hatchling which also needs views and clicks in the same manner to grow up. Once it's an adult, it's no longer in danger of dying and doesn't need views and clicks anymore.

There are around 35 species of dragons available, some of which are much rarer than others. The fun of it (to me at least) is getting the rare ones. My collection at the moment is complete until they release a new one.

I've also contributed a sprite of my own to the site which I'm hoping will get used sometime in the future (a new dragon gets released on average of once a month or so). My contribution is a feathered raptor dragon.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

It's a game, Chelks. You get an egg. You get a code for the egg. You paste the code everywhere so people will click on it, and the dragon will hatch...

I tried putting the link on Neopets, but I got suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrygoo
    I've also contributed a sprite of my own to the site which I'm hoping will get used sometime in the future (a new dragon gets released on average of once a month or so). My contribution is a feathered raptor dragon.
    Sweet. I want it.
    Last edited by Fuzface; September 27th, 2008 at 07:19 PM.

Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Ooh, sounds kind of time wasting and pointless. I gotta go check this out! Thanks guys!

**twiddles thumbs** Well I've registered, but they must be sending the confirmation e-mail snail mail or something.
    Last edited by Chelki Sureshot; September 27th, 2008 at 11:45 PM.

Wittle dragon's almost hatched, it looks like. I can see a hole in the egg. Unless a dragon-snatching evil bird drilled in and yanked it out from the egg.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

I'm bored, so here's two funny stories and whatever else.

The fair is in town, and this one kid went. He said that he saw two girls and wondered if they were lesbians. He claims that just as they were about to kiss, he tapped on one the shoulder and asked for her number. Then they were talking that they were going to beat him up, and all.
    I'm sorry if it's offending, but in Redneck Capital USA, it sure is funny.

This one's about me.
    I was sitting at the Cracker Barrel with my parents.
    The Waitress: "What would you like to drink?"
    Me: "Salad."
    Waitress: "What?"
    Me: "Salad."
    After some weird looks from my parents and the waitress,
    Me: "Uh, Dr. Pepper."

I felt pretty retarded, but I laugh about it now.

I wish my art program was magicall combined with some stuff from Pages or Keynote. I have a font made up with little swords making up the letters, but I can't make them rotate. I wish they could be stretched and curved too. *sighs*
    / | \ < A shooting asterick! Make a wish!!!
    ~Pondlily Riverdrop, the Self-Proclaimed Queen of Parody.

"We're all abnormal, so we're all normal, so we're all abnormal so...I guess we're just abnormally normal."~ Me

"A good warrior can think for theirself. If you can't analyze the situation in an instant and do what needs to be done, you die. But if you can't work as a team, you can't live." ~Me, again.

It's a game, Chelks. You get an egg. You get a code for the egg. You paste the code everywhere so people will click on it, and the dragon will hatch...

I tried putting the link on Neopets, but I got suspended.

Sweet. I want it.
    Well yeah.... I wanted one of these eggs after months of delays. Mines hatching pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Folgrimeo View Post
    Wittle dragon's almost hatched, it looks like. I can see a hole in the egg. Unless a dragon-snatching evil bird drilled in and yanked it out from the egg.
    I hate those dragon snatching evil birds.

Well I never got a confimation e-mail, so I tried to resend it to myself. I've clicked on your dragon twice, Fuz!

Well I never got a confimation e-mail, so I tried to resend it to myself. I've clicked on your dragon twice, Fuz!
    I don't know if that's something you wanted to do or not, but having a huge load of clicks in a short period of time for an egg is bad. It'll get soft egg shell disease.

I'm not kidding by the way.

The first timie I clicked it was yesterday afternoon, and the second today. That's not too close together, is it?