Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The "who's online now" random chat thread. - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The "who's online now" random chat thread.

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelki Sureshot View Post
    Isn't it tricky to give someone else your egg? Like you have to be online at the exact same time or something.
    Yep, that's true. It's easier to talk to someone on AIM while you're actually giving it, otherwise it's complicated. But if you can do that (on AIM) it's not hard at all.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Uh-Oh Fuz, your hatchling is sick. . .
    Darnarmit! Does that mean he's going to die before I get to name him/her?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    Ice cream makes everything better. Even Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen King
    Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzface View Post
    Darnarmit! Does that mean he's going to die before I get to name him/her?
    Fuz, your hatchling is sick because it has too many views in too short a time. The solution to this in your case is very simple. Under actions at the bottom you'll see the "hide" function. Click that and your hatchling will be hidden from additional views until you decide to unhide it. Provided they already have enough views, hatchlings always grow up with exactly 3.5 days remaining. So leave your hatchling hidden until it reaches 3.5 days left, then unhide it and it should grow up immediately and not die.

Also, you can name her now - it's a girl.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Are you sure about that? Rare eggs show up normally on the hour, just really infrequently. I've never heard of special eggs showing up at midnight - and I have all the special eggs, including the paper dragon.

Here's my scroll, if anyone's interested. http://dragcave.net/user/Ferahgo

You have to be quick. Hover your cursor over where the eggs are and hit F5 instead of refreshing with the cursor, and click as soon as you see one. It takes timing, practice, and a bit of luck, but you'll manage it.

You can also try refreshing the abandoned page directly; the url is http://dragcave.net/abandoned

If you're still having trouble, I can get one for you and give it to you.
    Well, I'm not entirely sure of what happens but I know that something does. xD

Maybe a corrupted dragon? But that's only when it's been treated really badly.

And yes, it's sometimes hard because some people have those auto grabbers. But the best way to do it is every hour, so you can get your favorite one. Nice scroll by the way.

Fuz, your hatchling is sick because it has too many views in too short a time. The solution to this in your case is very simple. Under actions at the bottom you'll see the "hide" function. Click that and your hatchling will be hidden from additional views until you decide to unhide it. Provided they already have enough views, hatchlings always grow up with exactly 3.5 days remaining. So leave your hatchling hidden until it reaches 3.5 days left, then unhide it and it should grow up immediately and not die.

Also, you can name her now - it's a girl.
    I hid her.

And named her. Her name is Cosette. But It still says "unamed" when I view her on the scroll, along with all my other dragons, which I've named. What the helck?

Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    I clicked your egg, Ferahgo! How did get so many clicks in such a short amount of time? I posted mine on the Dragon Cave Fansite, so hopefully they will get some clicks there.

Well I've gone and made a whole other account, so now I have 8 eggs altogether. Pretty intense.

And I saw two paper ones, a metallic one and a tiny one but they got taken. So now I have 7 different kinds of dragons!
    Last edited by Chelki Sureshot; September 30th, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

I clicked your egg, Ferahgo! How did get so many clicks in such a short amount of time? I posted mine on the Dragon Cave Fansite, so hopefully they will get some clicks there.

Well I've gone and made a whole other account, so now I have 8 eggs altogether. Pretty intense.

And I saw two paper ones, a metallic one and a tiny one but they got taken. So now I have 7 different kinds of dragons!
    Um, you think you can raise that many?

*shrugs* I'm about to find out!

I have no idea what happens in the game after they hatch anyway, so it will be a learning experience.

*shrugs* I'm about to find out!

I have no idea what happens in the game after they hatch anyway, so it will be a learning experience.
    They become a hatchling. DUN DUN DUN

And then you got 1 more week for them to be an adult and they live forever. Just like Saphira. ^^

Unless Eragon dies, of course.

Well that doesn't sound too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokkan View Post
    Well, I'm not entirely sure of what happens but I know that something does. xD

Maybe a corrupted dragon? But that's only when it's been treated really badly.
    Sick/neglected dragons can't be picked up in the Cave, you have to do something to a normal egg or hatchling in order to change it into the neglected sprite.

I'm still not sure something happens at midnight. Where did you hear about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzface View Post
    And named her. Her name is Cosette. But It still says "unamed" when I view her on the scroll, along with all my other dragons, which I've named. What the helck?
    This is because the names you've chosen have already been taken. If a name is already in use, it will say something like "You try to write the dragon's name on your scroll, but the ink disappears as soon as you write it." If a name is successful, it will say "You write the name of the dragon next to its picture on your scroll." or something close to that. I don't know what your other dragons' names are, but Cosette has been taken.

Thanks! I get views in specific places - the main ones are here and at my DA account, where I have them posted on my frontpage. I also post them in my sig at other forums sometimes.

Just as a heads up, that's actually against the rules and you'll be banned if the admin finds out that you have more than one account.

Just as a heads up, that's actually against the rules and you'll be banned if the admin finds out that you have more than one account.
    I actually just abandoned them because I decided I wanted all of my dragons in one place. Now I just have to figure out how to delete that account. . .

I have lots of views and unique views, but hardly any clicks. How vital are they?
    Last edited by Chelki Sureshot; September 30th, 2008 at 03:58 PM.

I actually just abandoned them because I decided I wanted all of my dragons in one place. Now I just have to figure out how to delete that account. . .

I have lots of views and unique views, but hardly any clicks. How vital are they?
    Clicks aren't as vital. You can easily hatch a dragon with a lot of views and very few clicks.

That's a relief to hear. How long do they take to start cracking, on average?

This is because the names you've chosen have already been taken. If a name is already in use, it will say something like "You try to write the dragon's name on your scroll, but the ink disappears as soon as you write it." If a name is successful, it will say "You write the name of the dragon next to its picture on your scroll." or something close to that. I don't know what your other dragons' names are, but Cosette has been taken.

Ok, then. I've named her Sybil Fawlty. Such a Dragonish name. XD