Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Relaionships

View Poll Results: At what age did you lose your virginity?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I haven't.

21 80.77%
  • 15 or under

1 3.85%

1 3.85%

0 0%

1 3.85%

2 7.69%

0 0%
  • 21+

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Relaionships

Relationships

I notice a lot of people here are old enough to be dating. Curious about their experiences with relationships. And keep it clean.
    Last edited by Bladeswift; October 13th, 2008 at 04:26 PM.

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    Interesting poll question, Blade.

As for the relationships, my last boyfriend was 11 years ago. Or was it 12? Anywho, it was in 1st grade. The only Asian kid in the whole school. Not that matters, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It was just a little kid thing, of course. He got me chocolates for Valentine's day, and kissed me on the cheek. That's as far as I've gone with anybody. We broke up in 1st or 2nd, can't remember which. Anyway, we've remained good friends.

I'm just not interested in guys right now. That's definetly not to say I'm gay or anything, but I just don't see the point in involving myself with a guy right now. I've no plans of marrying any time soon, and I'm far too busy with school and life to even consider a guy. Beside, everyone I know is definetly still a boy, and I'd like someone mature. I think it will be awhile before I date anyone. This town doesn't have a lot to offer.

I've set my standards rediculously high, but I'm determined to find my Prince Charming.

What about you, Blade?

My first girlfriend I had in October of 2007. We broke up after a week.

My second 'date' wasn't really a date, just going to the movies with friends, and some girl was convinced I liked her and said me and her went on a date.

My real second girlfriend... That was over the previous summer, and we lasted 2 months.

That's about it for me...
    Click Here!

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

6006L3 534RC|-|

(>'_')> <<<<< Its Kirby!

Quote Originally Posted by Chelki Sureshot View Post
    Interesting poll question, Blade.

As for the relationships, my last boyfriend was 11 years ago. Or was it 12? Anywho, it was in 1st grade. The only Asian kid in the whole school. Not that matters, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It was just a little kid thing, of course. He got me chocolates for Valentine's day, and kissed me on the cheek. That's as far as I've gone with anybody. We broke up in 1st or 2nd, can't remember which. Anyway, we've remained good friends.

I'm just not interested in guys right now. That's definetly not to say I'm gay or anything, but I just don't see the point in involving myself with a guy right now. I've no plans of marrying any time soon, and I'm far too busy with school and life to even consider a guy. Beside, everyone I know is definetly still a boy, and I'd like someone mature. I think it will be awhile before I date anyone. This town doesn't have a lot to offer.

I've set my standards rediculously high, but I'm determined to find my Prince Charming.

What about you, Blade?
    Not a virgin. Only one girlfriend. Broke up sometime just last August. In my limited experience, I don't recommend dating till at least one person has reliable car access. Also, school is anathema to relationships. School and work is relationship suicide.

Not yet (no laughing, please). And somehow I've never been on a date before (I blame being addicted to computers). But one day it will happen... hopefully.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeswift View Post
    In my limited experience, I don't recommend dating till at least one person has reliable car access. Also, school is anathema to relationships. School and work is relationship suicide.
    Depends on the situation. My high school relationships were all rather enjoyable, but that may have had something to do with the fact that I had 82 acres of undeveloped wilderness at my disposal.

As for the answer to your poll, I was 19. Still with the same person (living with and also sort of but not officially engaged) over two years later. I've had four total "serious" relationships in my time.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Folgrimeo View Post
    Not yet (no laughing, please). And somehow I've never been on a date before (I blame being addicted to computers). But one day it will happen... hopefully.
    Wow, that's exactly what I was going to say. Except the parentheses.

And y'know I'm a bit worried about this. To lose my virginity before getting married is a major sin. But well, what if she... asks? What will I say? No?

I have no idea.

Patroller
    Strange and private question to ask, but okay.

I haven't dated yet. In our school dating is merely a term, and doesn't really mean anything (same with "going" out). Most of the people I know haven't either. Haven't kissed yet; just waiting for the right person and moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbot Peter View Post
    My first girlfriend I had in October of 2007. We broke up after a week.

My second 'date' wasn't really a date, just going to the movies with friends, and some girl was convinced I liked her and said me and her went on a date.

My real second girlfriend... That was over the previous summer, and we lasted 2 months.

That's about it for me...
    Peter, you are a really cool guy and heck of a lot more sensible than most boys I know. You're too good for those girls.
    Last edited by Safronia_Cedarwood; October 13th, 2008 at 07:02 PM.

I've never had any relationships. And I don't want any. I'm a virgin, and going to die a virgin, unless I should randomly change my mind about romance and get married, and only then if I want kids, which I don't....although I can raise them on Monty Python and Fawlty Towers. XD

Yeah. I've had a few random crushes on actors who are now dead or really old....but other than that...

Ohmygod. I just remembered....that kid at camp!!! Ok, here we go...Fuzface's first date:

I went to summer camp in NC. On the day before we left, I was hanging out in this stream with a couple kids, catching salamanders and those little tiny lobster things....what are they called? I don't remember...Anyway, I was talking to this boy...David, I think his name was. We were joking around and got along well.

Anyway, later that night, after the speaking, he met me in the lobby of the building we stayed in. He asked me if I wanted to get an ice cream. I answered that I had to go to my room to get my money. He said not to worry about it, so we squeezed into the snack shop, cleverly slipping around other people in the line....

We got two icecreams and stood in the lobby, sort of looking at each other awkwardly, talking a little. He was homeschooled, like me. I don't remember the conversation....He offered to get me a coke...I accepted. The machine in the lobby was broken, so we went outside, running across the lawn together to get to a vending machine that wasn't broken.

He got me the coke, and we ran back to the front porch. I thanked him, and then he said "Bye...see you next year!" and he waved...and we went our seprate ways.

Not very romantic, I guess. NOt really a date, either, but it was sweet of him. Don't remember if he was "cute"....but I liked him.

It's the only exeprience I've ever had that's even slightly romantic. And I've never told anyone but my BFF Darogius...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    Ice cream makes everything better. Even Big Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen King
    Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

Haven't dated, still a virgin, still single. But then again, things are bad enough here that polytechnics offer a "Boy-Girl Relationships" module that you can take and actually get academic credits for.

I don't think this topic is family appropriate >_>

"Ore wo dare da to omoite yarou?!"--Simon, Guren Lagann

Nice topic Blade, not quite what I was expecting on the poll though. To date, I'm still seeing the gal I mentioned back in May (five months has come and gone).

Both of us are still virgins and intend to keep it that way.
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    I'm not a big advocate of the whole saving-yourself-for-marriage thing, and that's not just because I'm not religious. I think it's important for a couple to determine whether they're sexually compatible before making such a long-term commitment as marriage; while that aspect of a relationship should never be the most important, it is still fairly important in most adult relationships. I've seen it cause issues later down the line many a time.

I myself prefer to be in a very committed and serious relationship before even considering taking that step, but it's not for everyone.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

I haven't had much experience with the ladies, just sporadic crushes that don't really go anywhere, that stop when camp's over. I've followed the policy my mother's laid down: Wait until I have a job or until I'm out of college (which will basically be the same thing, it looks like) before I start going into a serious relationship with a girl, because (no offense) they're expensive, whether it's going on a date, or going to their house, or whatever. A friend of mine has a girlfriend (who also happens to be a friend and distant relative of mine) and I can see the cost of loving.

Sorry for sounding so misogynist, but it's just my observations.
    GREAT !
    YOU FULFILED YOUR MISSION.
    IT WILL REVIVE PEACE IN SPACE.
    BUT,IT MAY BE INVADED BY THE OTHER METROID.
    PRAY FOR A TRUE PEACE IN SPACE !

Quote Originally Posted by Safronia_Cedarwood View Post
    Peter, you are a really cool guy and heck of a lot more sensible than most boys I know. You're too good for those girls.
    Thanks.

Though... I have kissed a girl before. Then my ex-girlfriend slapped me. Odd.

Also, there is this one girl that i really like, not the, "I think you're hooot!!!!11!" or "I have a crush on yoooou!!!111!!11!". None of that. I really like her, but haven't gathered up the courage to ask her because of two stupid reasons I know I shouldn't worry about:

1.) Some girl made up a song about rejection if someone gets rejected. It goes "R-E! J-E! C-T-E-D! Rejected! You just got rejected! Rejected!"

2.) She may laugh. -_-
    Click Here!

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

6006L3 534RC|-|

(>'_')> <<<<< Its Kirby!