Thread: Redwall Survivor Game Compendium Logo Contest!

Dibbun

Redwall Survivor Game Compendium Logo Contest!

As you may know, I am in the process of building a wiki which is a sort of condensed compilation of all past and present Redwall survivor games (ROC:Survivor, Questors Bold, RedVenture, etc.). I am in need of a logo for the wiki (like the one in the upper left hand corner of Wikipedia), and I am really not good at banner/logo making myself, so I thought I'd start a little contest for it, as I'm sure all you talented artists/web designers out there would do a much better job of it than me. Now, onto the specifics.

Rules:
    - Entries must have the dimensions of 135x135 pixels and be saved as a .jpg file
    - Entries must be appropriate (I doubt obscenities and such will be an issue, but there you go)
    - Entries must have the words "Redwall Survivor Game Compendium," "RSGC," or some combination of the two and be easily readable
    - Entries must be submitted to redventure AT gmail DOT com by Monday, August 31st (either as a URL or an attachment)
    - Digitally drawn (or at least digitally colored) entries are preferred, though it is not a requirement
    - You may submit as many entries as you'd like, though you will only be eligible to win one prize
    - Entries must be your own, original work. Copyrighted images, or images that you yourself did not create, will be disqualified

Prizes:
    - The winner will have their logo displayed on the RSGC (obviously) and also receive a Sculpey ornament or figurine of their choice, made by yours truly. They will also receive a drawing of their choice, by yours truly
    - 2nd and 3rd place will receive a drawing of their choice
    - All eligible entries (including multiple entries by the same person) will be displayed in a gallery on their own special page of the RSGC

So there you are! As for what I'd like to see on the banner besides the words, basically whatever you believe best represents Redwall survivor contests. Be creative! And look around at other wikis and survivor contest websites for inspiration, if need be (the wiki software I'm using is MediaWiki).

Once again, the deadline is August 31st. I look forward to seeing everyone's entries! Good luck!
    ~Lady Tara Starblade~

No, writing purposefully atrocious apps does not scare me. But thanks for playing.

"BALEETED!" - Homestar Runner

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Why are digitally-colored entries preferred?
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Dibbun
    Well, generally speaking they're a bit cleaner looking than hand drawn images, since these are mere 135x135 logos and need to be crisp and easy to read. But I will happily accept more traditional media if that is what the artist is more comfortable with. The only reason I wouldn't consider an entry would be if it contained inappropriate or copyrighted material, or didn't otherwise follow the guidelines.
    ~Lady Tara Starblade~

No, writing purposefully atrocious apps does not scare me. But thanks for playing.

Well, if digitally-colored entries are preferred, I better keep my nose out of this one. I doubt I could stack up to the competition.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

what's the url?
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Dibbun
    **le gasp** If you're the Ferahgo that's the amazing artist, then I would strongly encourage you to consider sticking your nose in it!

And TBT, the RSGC isn't quite open to the public yet. But it should be in a month or so...hopefully. XD

(Er, that's not to say that anyone besides Ferahgo shouldn't consider it...I'm pretty sure everyone in the world can make a much better logo than I can. :P)
    Last edited by Lady Tara Starblade; August 6th, 2009 at 11:53 PM.
    ~Lady Tara Starblade~

I mean this in the nicest way possible.

How can you expect someone to create you a logo if they haven't even seen the site?
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Yeah, I would consider having a go at it if I have time (though finishing the illustrations for a book that's being published soon is my highest priority, and the deadline for that is also the end of August). But I'm not really sure how to get a feel for the kind of logo I should be attempting. I've never been involved in any of the games that the RSGC covers, and I can't look at the actual site, so...

From what I can gather, and Starblade can correct me if I'm wrong, it's a series of roleplaying sites where a group of people write chapters of an on-going story. One person writes one segment, another person writes the next, and so on. Each person has their own character that they write into the story. After each round of this, where each round seems to last a week, the story segments are voted on. Whoever wrote the weakest part of the story gets "voted off" and then has to write a segment about their character dying off. Then they're gone from the contest. At the end, there will be one person left writing for the story, and they'll win some prize. Oh, and all the stories have some Redwall theme to them.

If you google some of the sites mentioned like ROC:Survivor and Questors Bold (here's the fifth week of that site), you'll find archives of the sites.

...so I don't have a good idea what a logo for that would look like either. I'd guess there's a cross between writing, Redwall, and the Survivor reality show.
    Last edited by Folgrimeo; August 8th, 2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

Dibbun
    The RSGC is a MediaWiki wiki. So for an example, look here. It's got the exact same color scheme, so if you look at that you should be just fine.

The RSGC is a wiki for all the different survivor games, not just ones I've hosted. Here are some links to different survivor games:

http://www.geocities.com/rocsurvivor/
    http://terrouge.com/index.php?p=qb
    http://redventure.swifthost.net/
    http://www.thwhack.com/Mindstorm/
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Midnight...wer/index.php?

If you still feel you cannot at all get a clear picture of what the RSGC is like, PM me and I can get you the link. I warn you though, it's still pretty empty and not ready for public eyes yet. :P
    ~Lady Tara Starblade~