Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Two lies and a Truth - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Two lies and a Truth

#2 is the truth
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

Looking out for stories yet to be told...
    CORRECT, but do you know who he is?

"Knowledge is a thing that one cannot have enough of. It is the fruit of wisdom, to be eaten carefully and digested fully..." -BJ

“I wish to thank all the breweries who manufactured all the ale which got me so sodden drunk, that I got the inspiration to write this book.” -BJ

Me: "Wait for it...wait for it...MARSHANK REDEMPTION!"
    My friend: "Comments section on 'Escape from Marshank'."
    Me: You've gotta spoil everything, don't ya?"
    Him: "Yup."

Not a clue sadly...

But here are my three for the first time in nearly two years... *mad deja vu*

1. I am a guy who appreciates the romantic works of Jane Austen...

2. I really don't mind it when people call me Sagrived Swiftpaw...

3. I really enjoy a good Irish Stout on the weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by Sagrived Switpaw View Post
    Not a clue sadly
    He was the leader of Easy Company in the 101st airbourne paratroopers during World War II as featured in Band of Brothers the HBO mini series(not that mini it's ten hours long) and he lived in Hershey untill he died last year. I met him at a flag retirement cerimony on 9/11/10, he was a cool guy to listen to, he gave a great speech and I am proud to have met him.

"Knowledge is a thing that one cannot have enough of. It is the fruit of wisdom, to be eaten carefully and digested fully..." -BJ

“I wish to thank all the breweries who manufactured all the ale which got me so sodden drunk, that I got the inspiration to write this book.” -BJ

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    I'd say #3 is the truth, Swit.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

1. I am a guy who appreciates the romantic works of Jane Austen...

2. I really don't mind it when people call me Sagrived Swiftpaw...

3. I really enjoy a good Irish Stout on the weekends...
    #1 is true.

The third being true would be too easy and obvious...I think. Hopefully I haven't just reverse-reverse-psychologied myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisk View Post
    #1 is true.

The third being true would be too easy and obvious...I think. Hopefully I haven't just reverse-reverse-psychologied myself.
    Well done my friend! Working on #1 this weekend though! Hahaha!

You're up Master Hisk!

Aha! I knew it!

I'll try to make it somewhat difficult.

1. I sang the national anthem(s) at an MLB baseball game.

2. I ran as an MP candidate in the 2011 Canadian Federal Election (for the CHP).

3. I was on board Air France Flight 358.

Well there were about 297 passengers on flight 358 and 104 were from Canada so the odds are OK I guess. So, number 3.

On an entirely different subject, ever heard of Enter the Haggis? They are a Celtic rock band and I think they are based in Toronto they are almost always at Musikfest or Celticfest which are local fairs where I am and they are really good, better than most of the other bands there.

#2 is my sheer luck guess..... Just a hunch!

I've been waiting for a while. It seems that nobody wants to take the suicidal plunge and select the highly unlikely option number one, which is in fact, the correct answer (it was before my voice broke, I haven't sung since). Yes, the Hisk you know and hate sung the national anthem at a Blue Jays game, circa 1996.

To speed things up I'll give Schröder the win, as he was the closest. I was originally scheduled to be on flight 358, but my group ended up leaving Paris a few days later (on flight 359?). Needless to say we practically wet ourselves upon watching the news and realising that we had narrowly averted being in a plane crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisk View Post
    I've been waiting for a while. It seems that nobody wants to take the suicidal plunge and select the highly unlikely option number one, which is in fact, the correct answer (it was before my voice broke, I haven't sung since). Yes, the Hisk you know and hate sung the national anthem at a Blue Jays game, circa 1996.

To speed things up I'll give Schröder the win, as he was the closest. I was originally scheduled to be on flight 358, but my group ended up leaving Paris a few days later (on flight 359?). Needless to say we practically wet ourselves upon watching the news and realising that we had narrowly averted being in a plane crash.
    So close! let me see...

1. I have never left the United States

2. I am great with a sword.

3. Someone called me a Craut (a name for a nazi) and I hit him suqare in the gut, and when I got home that day and told my dad, he beat me for it and made me apologise to him.

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schröder View Post
    3. Someone called me a Craut (a name for a nazi) and I hit him suqare in the gut, and when I got home that day and told my dad, he beat me for it and made me apologise to him.
    Huh, I thought that was a derogatory term for Germans in general, not Nazis.

In any case, I'll guess #3. It seems a little too oddly-specific to be a lie, but that might be the point to trick people.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin View Post
    Huh, I thought that was a derogatory term for Germans in general, not Nazis.

In any case, I'll guess #3. It seems a little too oddly-specific to be a lie, but that might be the point to trick people.
    It is not #3, that happened to my grandfather when he was my age during WWII which is why Craut was an insult it was the name the Allied soldiers called the German soldiers and it was insulting to German immigrants when people assosiated them with the Nazis. The "oddly-specific" bit was my intention.
    Last edited by Schröder; August 19th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.