Thread: What to do with RCD?

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar

Question What to do with RCD?

So, there's a question of what to do with this sub-forum now that The Rogue Crew has been released in mass-market paperback. The standard operating procedure would be to move the threads into the main Bookshelf area and leave the forum for the next book-- but with nothing to take its place...

This subforum has existed since Triss back in 2002. Eight books. Is it time to bite the bullet and shut it down or is there some other purpose it could serve? Or should Rogue Crew stay as some kind of memorial marker? I'm open to suggestions.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

I say continue with the current trend. It'd be best to measure the average down-time between book releases and then discuss The Rogue Crew for the same amount of time. During which we could collectively come up with a new purpose for the sub-forum. Possibly a BJ memorial forum or something.
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    I actually like that idea, so consider it done. More to follow.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss