Thread: Life Memories Associated with Redwall

Life Memories Associated with Redwall

Sometimes when we hear a particular song or watch a movie, a specific moment in time from our lives comes back to us. The same can happen with favorite books. Do you have any fond memories of your life thatís associated with specific books of the series?

For me, two stories that have memories associated with them are Martin the Warrior and The Legend of Luke. I was on a trip visiting my wifeís family, and brought two or three Redwall books with me to keep me occupied. I remember hiding out in our bedroom and reading both books while my wife visited her family. I specifically remember reading Martin the Warrior in one day in between errands that we ran. Since life is pretty busy for me, itís rare for me to be able to sit down and just focus on a book. Since Martin the Warriorís pretty action packed, Iím glad I got to read it for the first time in one day and didnít have to split it up.

What are your memories?
    ďAha! Today I shall become an author! And I will auth and auth and auth and make a squillion dollars, whoopee!Ē
    -Brian Jacques

My Story Blog

Dibbun
    I read Mariel of Redwall while on a trip to visit relatives when I was fairly young. A number of experiences on that trip reminded me of things in the book... for example, I went to a beach on the ocean that had various crustaceans. We stayed there until night and I was spooked because it was dark and wet and I had just gotten up to the part with the Flitchaye (I didn't know what they were yet). Then I went back to a cozy attic-type room and read about searats attacking the abbey at night. Those memories have stayed with me.

As for other books... I remember reading The Long Patrol in one day, on Thanksgiving Day. And I associate Pearls of Lutra with late fall and early winter.

Thanks for sharing Worbee! I was reading Pearls of Lutra right when one of the worst snowstorms I've ever lived through hit, so it's closely associated with winter for me, too. And the Muriel memory is a nice one as well! I imagine reading in an attic must be a pleasant experience.
    ďAha! Today I shall become an author! And I will auth and auth and auth and make a squillion dollars, whoopee!Ē
    -Brian Jacques

My Story Blog