Thread: Does Redwall Book 23 Exist? An Interesting Article from the Redwall Wiki

Exclamation Does Redwall Book 23 Exist? An Interesting Article from the Redwall Wiki

LordTBT from this forum and head of the Redwall Wiki posted a fascinating article speculating about the existence of a 23rd Redwall book. If you remember when The Sable Quean was first published, there was an announcement of a character naming contest. The winner would have their character show up in a future Redwall book as their prize. Well, it turns out there was a winner, and the character didn't show up in The Rogue Crew. LordTBT did some major sleuthing, and came up with some interesting results.

I won't rehash what he found, as his article deserves to be read, so check it out and post what you think. While we must keep our expectations tempered, I think this gives us some hope for one more story.

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/User_b...ery_Deciphered
    “Aha! Today I shall become an author! And I will auth and auth and auth and make a squillion dollars, whoopee!”
    -Brian Jacques

My Story Blog

Patroller
    Pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a ghost writer, depending on how complete the book was or if Brian took notes of the plot before he wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocktree1 View Post
    Pretty cool. I wouldn't mind a ghost writer, depending on how complete the book was or if Brian took notes of the plot before he wrote it.
    I'd read a Redwall story written by another writer using an incomplete draft or notes Brian left behind. Sure, I'd prefer it if it was completely done by Brian, but if the notes or draft exists, why let it languish in an incomplete form? I'm not sure who I would want to helm the project, but as long as they remained faithful to Brian's rules and world, I'd buy it day one.
    “Aha! Today I shall become an author! And I will auth and auth and auth and make a squillion dollars, whoopee!”
    -Brian Jacques

My Story Blog