Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
I Miss This.

Thread: I Miss This.

I Miss This.

I barely find the time to come to this place anymore. I came here when I was just entering high school and now i'm starting a family of my own. I am not usually one to reminisce, but a friend of mine gifted me with a hardback copy of the original Redwall. I haven't even thought about the books in over a year and it brought back floods of old emotions and memories. I started reading it again and was transported back to that little abbey that changed my childhood. I can never be more thankful to mister Jacques for his gift to the world.

I just wanted to see how everyone was doing and how life has been for everyone. I am a IT consultant and soon to be father. I am excited for the day when I can recreate a moment my father had with me, with my son. My father gave me his copy of Redwall as a gift on my 10th birthday. I actually hated reading at that age but my Father convinced me to give this book a try. I ended up falling in love with the series and spent the next two years reading all of them that were out and waiting "quite impatiently I might add" for the next book. Due to this gift from a friend, I think I will reread the whole series. From the corners of Mossflower wood to Marshank, and Salamandaston. Fighting Pirates, Marlfoxes, Raiders, and all assortments of evildoers. I hope Maybe a few of you might also join me in this endeavor. Taking the time to go back and really enjoy the series and maybe even learn something new from it. I know I will enjoy it.
    I think during this time we are all warriors. Whether we like it or not. -Rose, Redwall season 3-

Wow, again I come back and find a new thread by you. Congratulations on your job and having a child, I hope it all goes well.

I did read a couple of the books last year out of curiosity. They still hold up, but I doubt I'll ever re-read the whole series, for mostly the same reasons I probably won't be an active member on here again. Things have perhaps moved on a bit too far.

Yeah I am not sure either, I think I will decide once I finish rereading Redwall. One step at a time lol.
    I think during this time we are all warriors. Whether we like it or not. -Rose, Redwall season 3-

About a year ago I read The Sable Quean (for the first time, I had stopped reading the series prior to that). That's probably it for me, although the entire series is sitting in a cupboard somewhere waiting for my hypothetical children. I've now moved on to writing my own novel, or at least attempting to, since who knows if the final product will ever see the light of day. For better or for worse Redwall did end up hugely affecting the trajectory of my life, largely through kindling an early interest in medievalism which ended up having significant later implications.

I have a feeling things have changed drastically since I last posted an update on my life (I believe I had just started undergrad, almost ten years ago). Since 2012, I have bailed out of my academic career in disillusionment, spent two years binging out on philosophy, quit the furry fandom in utter disgust, joined the Army, and become a bona fide reactionary zealot sworn to topple the Enlightenment (though not necessarily in that order).
    Last edited by Hisk; October 23rd, 2016 at 12:06 PM.

Looking out for stories yet to be told...
    Wow. I just swung by on a whim after seeing that I still had a bookmark labeled LPF. And I still have my password written somewhere, so I thought I might as well say hello to the ole forum, even if it is a little late.

Hello, thanks for being awesome.

"Knowledge is a thing that one cannot have enough of. It is the fruit of wisdom, to be eaten carefully and digested fully..." -BJ

“I wish to thank all the breweries who manufactured all the ale which got me so sodden drunk, that I got the inspiration to write this book.” -BJ

Me: "Wait for it...wait for it...MARSHANK REDEMPTION!"
    My friend: "Comments section on 'Escape from Marshank'."
    Me: You've gotta spoil everything, don't ya?"
    Him: "Yup."

Now that my son is here I have begun to read him Redwall. He calms own at the sound of my voice so reading it out loud to him has been special. I know he doesn't understand what i'm even saying, but someday he will. It has been very therapeutic for myself and my wife loves it.

Patroller
    I'm pretty sure I remember you. I definitely remember your avatar. For some reason my memories of this forum are a bit fuddled, though it holds a special place in my heart. I also remember your name.

Anyway, this is the most activity there's been in this forum in years by the looks of it. Usually it's a month between individual posts, but half-weeks!? IT compelled me to post.

It's interesting to see this site still up, when the admin of the forum hasn't posted in two years.

Yeah I guess it is a bit shocking isn't it? lol I wonder if the admins even come here anymore.

Patroller
    Couldn't agree more with y'all. These books and forums were such a huge part of my life growing up, and Janglur couldn't have said it any better. I still read one or two books every year--just brings back so many memories.

Currently, I am a elementary music teacher that found his way to Europe and has a penchant for traveling.

Hope y'all are doing well in your lives.
    -rill

It's been a long time my friends.

I just suddenly thought about this place and decided to see if it was still running. I am glad it still is, though still very quiet than it was back in the late 2000s.

I'm happy to see that you all are doing well. As for me I am married and hoping to work on a novel of my own, though my creative juices seem to have been dry lately. Hopefully that will pick up soon.

Truthfully...I miss this as well.

(:

Hi everyone!
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

Man so many familiar faces! I used to come on here all the time!
    "We're going to need. guns. Lots of guns."
    -Neo, from The Matrix.