Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Favorite place on our planet...

View Poll Results: Where would you go for holidays if you had just inherited microsoft?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ireland

6 37.50%
  • Fiji

0 0%
  • Maldives

1 6.25%
  • Turkey

1 6.25%
  • Iceland

1 6.25%
  • Holland

1 6.25%
  • Scotland/England/Wales

9 56.25%
  • France

2 12.50%
  • Kenya

0 0%
  • New Zealand

5 31.25%
  • Australia

4 25.00%
  • Papua New Guinea

1 6.25%
  • South East Asia (Whereabouts?)

0 0%
  • China

2 12.50%
  • Russia

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite place on our planet...

Favorite place on our planet...

I thought since I'd never seen one before that I'd post a poll with 15 options, and seeing as there are at least fifteen places in the world to visit, that's what this poll is about. kay here's the rules: You just inherited microsoft, and have father time on good terms, where do you want to visit and what will you do there?
    Some questions to make this topic a bit meatier...
    Has anyone been to any of these places? Lived there? Where do your ancestors hail from? Which country in the world has your favorite national instrument? Which country are you willing to pay NOT to go to? What country has your favorite national food, animal, plant, beer... etc etc?
    ~p

In the middle ground between futile revolution and blind materialism is the direct experience.

Patroller
    I am not sure, there are so many places I would love to visit. I have visited Canada, but that is not on the list.

Patroller
    Go Russia!!!!! I dont know why, and dont ask me.
    -rill

Patroller: Emeritus
    I'd most like to go to Scotland/England/Wales. I've always wanted to go there for as long as I can remember.

As for where my ancestors hail from... Well mostly from England, Scotland, and France. But a bit from Germany and Holland, and possibly America.

And as for where I'd pay NOT to go? I know it's not a country, but I hate Ohio. No offence to anyone who lives there.
    <center><b>
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    </b>
    <p>
    <a href=http://pikkle.dhs.org/amy/rcon/index.html>Please Visit Redwall Connection!</a></center>

Ireland and Scotland. Any other place on there that would halfway interest me, I've already been to.

Hey, what's wrong with Ohio?! Are you some kind of commie?

-reds

I'd like to visit the world! But mostly on my list is japan (For anime/manga), Spain or Mexico (I'd like to talk to spanish native speakers..that sounds fun. You can here but theres not too many people), New Zealand ('Cauz..), Austrailia (Maybe for the wildlife..), Canada (To see the difference between the usa), and England ('cauz). Oh and hawaii..thats in the usa but yeah

I don't know exactly where my ancestors come from. My mom tends to want to not talk about hers but she mentioned my great great great somethin' was full indian. And then on my real dad's side (i got a step dad now) i think they're from switzerland or finland or norway. Something like that.
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

i chose scotland because the loch ness monster lives there. and the diffrence between canada and the us is ... almost nothing! well...we dont get as much snow as must people think we do exept up north... and we call soda "pop" . If you want to know where to go in canada come to halifax, edmonton, montreal or toronto.
    <CENTER>

Thanks Eagle!
    </CENTER>

Patroller: Emeritus
    Hey, what's wrong with Ohio?! Are you some kind of commie?
    OH NO!! You found me out!

If you want to know where to go in canada come to halifax, edmonton, montreal or toronto.
    Nonononono! You come to Windsor, Ontario! I live there, so it's dripping with awesome-ness.
    <center><b>
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    </b>
    <p>
    <a href=http://pikkle.dhs.org/amy/rcon/index.html>Please Visit Redwall Connection!</a></center>

I put in three selections. Firstly, I'd like to go over to Greenwich, England to meet Robin Jarvis sometime, and also go to Scotland to see if I can find the Loch Ness Monster (I'm interested in the paranormal ). Also, I'd like to go to France, because it'd be neat to speak French there and go to all the different places there. And I'd also like to go to China and investigate a crime that occurred in the 1930s...a few missionaries went over there in Show Yang during the China/Japan war. Some Japanese soldiers told them they needed help, and they went with them. The missionaries were never seen again. I'd really like to know what happened to them, and where their remains can be found (I wouldn't think they would be still alive, even if they weren't harmed [which I highly doubt], after all these years Another place not listed that I would like to go to is Egypt. I'm really interested in mummies and would really like to discover one for myself, and think that that would be a great place to start...however, I just saw "The Mummy" last night, so I think it will be a while before I go over there...

I would like to travel to China, Japan, Israel, Australia, Spain, the Domincan Republic, Brazil, possibly Russia and possibly India. For some reason I barely have any interest in traveling Europe and to places like Rome or Paris, but I would like to go to London.

Learning Japanese and learning Chinese (which I really need to do) are on my list of things to do..... But..... um... learning languages on your own is hard.... *pitiful squeak*

Always,
    ~Furrtily

"One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?
    ~The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Learning languages on your own is very hard! I tried teaching myself Irish Gaelic, (I can pronounce bhfuil ) it's impossible if you can't hear people speaking it though.

I want to go backpacking around Europe to visit Ireland, France, Italy, England, Scotland...everywhere. So next time I win the lottery that's where I'm going.

When I was six I went on a missionary ship for two years (The MV Doulos, it's in the guinness book of records if you're interested) So I visited all up East Africa, (Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Mozambique etc etc) and we went to Sri Lanka, India, Sicily, Turkey, Bahrain, other places in the middle east...lotsa places! We left just before the ship visited the Maldives, how cut am I. Friends of ours stayed on and wrote to me telling how they were diving off the side of the ship into the crystal clear waters...*groan*

My family lived in Ireland a few generations back, (My three times great grandfather left Ireland with his family when he was seven)
    We went to a family reunion on the weekend, that was interesting, lots of old people. The only people we knew there were my grandparents, but it was very interesting.

Where would I pay NOT to go to? Anywhere with big ugly cities with grey buildings and skys????ers where it rains a lot and the people are pushy and smoke a lot.
    ~p

In the middle ground between futile revolution and blind materialism is the direct experience.

You were on a cruise for TWO YEARS? How much did it cost????

I can't believe I forgot Africa. I want to go to Africa, too! You went to Africa! You can pronounce bhfuil! Ack!!!!! How can you be so lucky? And you have slingshots and bows and arrows that you're allowed to use because your parents aren't convinced you'll shoot anyone!

*sigh* You live a lucky life, Piaras.
    Always,
    ~Furrtily

"One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?
    ~The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Put me with the Scotland/England/Wales people. <g> Especially England.... I adore England to the squillionth degree, always have. I've been there before, but once when I was six (which means I don't remember anything except doves landing on my head in Trafalgar Square... <g>), and the other time in a highly regimented orchestra tour, which meant there was practically no time for sightseeing. I'd like to go back and visit all the little places that are out of the way, non-touristy stuff. Little English villages (nothing like them! ), churches, monastery ruins (Lindisfarne!), stone circles, places like the Orkney Islands, and so on. The England for history buffs.

Scotland - never been there, but as I am part Scots-Irish, I would dearly like to go there, too.

Tree

~~~~

- you have ever heard a wrong note in a performance of a piece by Berio, Boulez, or Stockhausen.

- you have ever tried to do a Schenkerian analysis on John Cage's 4'33".

- you feel the need to end Tchaikovsky's "Pathetique" Symphony with a Picardy third.

- you wonder why there aren't more types of seventh chords.

- when you're feeling particularly prankish, you transpose Mozart arias to locrian mode

- your favourite pickup line is, "What's your favourite augmented sixth chord?"

- you got more than half of the jokes in this list.

I picked Scotland/England/Wales and Ireland. I've already been to a lot of countries in Europe. Those are the only ones on the list that I want to go back to. (There are a few others I would like to go back and visit, but they didn't make your list )
    Mackinsie
    *God Bless America*

The Redwall Links - the #1 internet Redwall directory

...'neath the cover of october skies and all the leaves on the trees are falling to the sound of the breezes that blow...

how can you not want to go to scotland?
    <CENTER>

Thanks Eagle!
    </CENTER>